Once upon a time there were rails in Germany; what would be that optional rule?

• What if planes and artillery arrive in Berlin as normal production; but German infantry can arrive anywhere in any one, and only one, particular province that is uncontested and Germanic national territory with a clear path of uncontested Germanic national territories connecting to an uncontested German controlled Berlin?  That would look like mobilization.  The same could be true for France in a like manner.

What if at the start of the next German turn after the Russian Revolution, half the German infantry rounded down in each Russian province were immediately removed from the board; placed aside for placement in one and only one existing contested battle on another front connected by uncontested German controlled territories to an uncontested German controlled Berlin as a surprise anywhere starting next turn; not turn of removal?  That would represent stosstrupen and rail getting the Germans out of Russia.  Give the stosstruppen a little bonus for spice like additional air strafing for all that show up.  That would help make the point of my german helmet hard to polish again.

Austria Hungary rail capacity and the Russian rail capacity broke down during this war.  The Germans starred with their system.  Italy did not star in their rail system and the Turks rails system was incomplete and a mess.  That was history.

I am sure this needs some modifications to make it work as I have not looked at it from all paranoid points of view.  Any suggestions?

I expect someone not to like this as rail movement is heresy in Axis and Allies; but IMHO this game needs it.

• It would be absurd if infantry could utilize rails but artillery could not.

It would also be absurd if Germany could use Russian rails after all the battles (and presumably Russian scuttle operations)

Give Germany a rail national bonus.
    -Any land unit within original German tts can move 2 spaces as long as they are both German controlled and not contested (at the start of Germanys turn)

• Customizer

I’m all in favour of rails, but one important caveat is that units must never be allowed to rail into combat. It took time to disembark, reorganize and move up to the front from railheads. Rail, movement should be used to reinforce areas where you’re not attacking this turn.

But should Berlin be allowed to reinforce Baghdad?

http://www.decolonizing.ps/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/ottoman_empire_1914.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m