• '13

Yea i just bought some. Im looking for some other markers as well to improve the game play. The custom production chart that flashman showed looked nice as well so ill probably use that too.

• Customizer

Forgot to mention dice; 36 is not enough for the big battles. I think War of the Ring has some the same size.

Actually, it saves time to have some in different colours; black hits on 2, red on 3, white on 4 - roll 'em all together.

Liking the idea of individual fighters leveling up to 3 & 4 by scoring victories; but need more planes…

Those mines are nice, but really need to be in two colours. The red land mines would do the job…

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Minefield-Marker-Acrylic-_p_764.html

Mmmm, wonder what I could use these for:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Rail-Marker-Acrylic_p_724.html

• '13

Ah rail roads. How about they cost about 5 ipcs to build in any province. You would then treat that province as one half of a movement point.

Or you could have infantry get a bunus in defence in areas with railroads due to a steady supply of supplies. You just have to find some rules that wont throw off the enitre games balance.

• Customizer

But everywhere in Europe already had railroads.

Rail damage counters would work; the results of bombing or scorched earth by retreating armies. Repair during Mobilize Units phase.

• Yeah, national production chart on the board is worthless.  I poached the Pacific 1940 one since I no longer use it.

• There will never be railroads in an Axis and allies game. It will ruin the balance and would result in a faster, unrealistic gameplay. This is all I ever see on the forums is talks about railroads. Go play Ticket to Ride if you want railroads and leave Axis and Allies to the tanks, planes, and ships

• @Flashman:

For enhancing the AA WWI 1914 experience.

A pretty good Production/ Turn Record chart here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/88812/aa-1914-national-production-chart-and-turn-order-t

Definitely check this one out, Texas. It’s got A&A1914 graphics!

• Customizer

@Siris101:

There will never be railroads in an Axis and allies game. It will ruin the balance and would result in a faster, unrealistic gameplay. This is all I ever see on the forums is talks about railroads. Go play Ticket to Ride if you want railroads and leave Axis and Allies to the tanks, planes, and ships

:roll:

Rail travel revolutionized warfare, starting with the American Civil War, and was especially prevalent in this war. I can maybe accept assuming rail travel is worked into the move mechanics when the territories are ‘Germany,’ ‘France,’ or ‘Southern Europe,’ but when we’re talking about this war and this map scale, it’s almost a crime to not represent it somehow.

And by the way, if you implement it right, it doesn’t have to make gameplay any ‘faster’ or ‘unrealistic.’ It’s ‘unrealistic’ that it would take the equivalent of 7 years for a nation to move troops from Moscow to Paris. You don’t need little train pieces or anything like that, you just need robust rules that allow units to move a set amount of spaces (add the caveat that rail moves can’t end in an enemy or contested territory and you don’t effect combat gameplay at all).

• OK, here’s my modified and expanded Risk railroad rules.

During the movement phase of your turn, move as many of your units as you would like from one friendly, uncontested territory into another friendly, uncontested territory. The two territories (the one you are moving from and the one you are moving to) need not be adjacent but there must be a safe �path� between them. This means that you must be able to travel from the first territory to the last territory through territories that you or an ally control. If you have to pass through an enemy controlled territory, a contested territory, or a neutral territory then you cannot use rail movement between the two territories.

Rail movement is possible throughout Europe (including Kazakhstan and its portion of the Trans-Siberian Railroad), Constantinople, and Smyrna (where the Berlin-Baghdad Railway comes to a screeching halt).

Rail movement is not possible in/through Ankara, Mesopotamia, Syrian Desert, Trans-Jordan, Arabia, Persia, Afghanistan, India, or any territory in Africa.

Edit: This isn’t meant to restrict rail movement to one rail move per power. Powers may perform multiple rail movements as long as each movement begins and ends in a friendly, uncontested territory. Units may not participate in combat on the same turn that they are moved by rail.

Principal Railway and Steamship Routes in Central Europe and the Mediterranean, 1910

http://etc.usf.edu/maps/pages/1700/1799/1799.htm

Russia in Europe and Caucasia, 1909 (the lines that look like roads are railroads)

http://etc.usf.edu/maps/pages/2500/2537/2537.htm

• Customizer

Wove’s rules above are pretty much exactly as I’ve always though rail movement should be.

I might be a little more generous to Turkey and allow it to rail anywhere within its original tt; they did have a railway all the way to Medina, and were building one to Baghdad.

Preventing the CPS moving units from Berlin to Baghdad would be a vital strategic goal for the Allies, definitely spicing up the battles in the Balkans.

Also consider how big some of the SZs are on this map: you can ship from Canada to Marseille in one turn. This is how the Allies can move units, the CPs have to march overland one space at a time, when in reality the trains would get them to just behind any front line in no more than a week or so.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m