• In the new Second edition rules we can do bomb raids on air bases, naval bases, and on ICs.  My question is this because there is not a clear answer in the rule book:  If you are using Stat and Tact, bombers to do the raid, and have to fly to the target, are those forces allowed to fly over other enemy forces to conduct the raid?  Example:  THe English channel is filled with British navy ships, and I want to bomb the London IC, can it be done without having to destroy those ships first to clear a path?

I am thinking we should be able to do this, since it would make sense  on a long range bombing mission for that sort of damage, but was wondering if anyone has insight into this for sure.

• Yes.  air units can fly over other units.

• How much damge an air base and naval base can take and after how much it is destroyed?

• Bases and ICs are never destroyed (except ICs in China are destroyed when territory is liberated), but bases can take up to 6 damage from strategic or tactical bombers.  Minor ICs can also take 6 damage and majors can take 20.  Air and naval bases are inoperable (ie no scramble, extra movement, or repairs to capital ships) if they have 3 or more damage.

• Thanks alot!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m