• @Krieghund:

@Yoshi:

This means that if UK want to kill these subs, and that the 8inf are in Finland, then UK cannot load them ?

Since the sea zone isn’t hostile, the units in Finland can be loaded.  However, since the UK is attacking, the transports must either remain and be involved in the attack, or move away during combat movement.  As a result, the only way the units can loaded is to use them for an amphibious assault.

OK, this is more the way I understood that.

Just to be sure : if they want to unload to a friendly territorry (abd still attack the subs), is it still possible (but in the combat move phase) ?

• Official Q&A

No, it’s not.  Unloading into a friendly territory requires _non_combat movement.  Since if the subs are attacked the transports must either fight or move away in combat movement, only combat movement will be possible.  If the transports wish to unload into a friendly territory, they must wait until noncombat movement, and the sub must be ignored.

• ok, I did not get this point.

Thanks for all these explanations :)

Yeah, thanks Krieg.

• @Krieghund:

No, it’s not.  Unloading into a friendly territory requires _non_combat movement.  Since if the subs are attacked the transports must either fight or move away in combat movement, only combat movement will be possible.  If the transports wish to unload into a friendly territory, they must wait until noncombat movement, and the sub must be ignored.

That’s the complete opposite of the ‘dropping a sub’ to keep the units from being used in combat in previous editions.  Now to do so, you need to drop a DD.

The dropped sub stops those units from non-combat… ha!

• TripleA '12

Dear Krieghund,

I’m a wee bit confused regarding the new entry about Paratroopers on page 3 of the updated FAQ. It says “If a Tank is blitzing through an unoccupied hostile territory…etc” I thought that territories (on land) were either ‘controlled’ or ‘occupied’ (or indeed both) and that sea zones (on water) were either ‘hostile’ or ‘friendly’ (but never both).

So - is there any such thing as an unoccupied hostile territory? I would have thought that if an enemy territory was occupied then it was considered hostile. I did not think that an enemy controlled - but unoccupied - territory would have been considered hostile.

Therefore, I would have expected the rules to allow both the Bomber (carrying the Paratrooper) and the Tank to blitz together through the first enemy controlled territory, and on to the second enemy controlled and occupied (hostile) territory. Or - if the second one was also empty, and the tank would have to stop due to it’s movement of 2 - the Bomber & Para could continue onwards (range permitting) until they found a hostile territory.

I hope that makes sense? Sorry to be a pain but I hope you can resolve this puzzle. Thank you again in advance.  :-)

• Official Q&A

Any territory with an enemy control marker on it is hostile, whether it is occupied or not.

• On page 5

Shouldn’t “fighter” be replaced with “cruiser” in the first line of the answer. The defender has a sub and cruiser, the attacker has the fighter.

Q. Assume there’s a sea zone that contains an enemy sub and cruiser, and that I attack it with a destroyer and a fighter. If the defender scores two hits in the first combat round, can I take the hit from the cruiser on my destroyer, saving my fighter, since the sub can’t hit it?
    A. No. Because you have a destroyer, the defender’s sub rolls in Step 4 along with his or her fighter cruiser. Since both defending units roll in the same combat step and all dice are rolled in a step before applying casualties, the two hits are applied together. Therefore, you must apply both hits if possible. The only way to apply both hits is to take the cruiser hit on the fighter and the sub hit on the destroyer.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m