• Feel free to justify your vote

• '19 Moderator

Kill Germany as fast as possible use every available unit.  I personally will take losses elseware to put Germany out of the game.  The only unacceptable loss in an allied Capital, and then there are exceptions.

• Once you have the ball rolling on Japan, Tokyo is far easier to capture, than if you had the ball rolling on Germany and tried to capture Berlin.

Getting the ball rolling on Germany is easier and more profitable, but actually capturing Germany is a pain.

Generally, I will contain Germany first with all 3 Allies, then switch off to holding off Germany with UK/US transports from W. Canada, and then use Russia and US to actually kill Japan.  Usually the Axis player will resign around the point I kill the majority of Japan’s forces in Asia, because it’s evident the Axis can’t possibly take Russia, and Allied reinforcements are growing every turn.

That is, of course, if the Allies are winning, which is usualy for me.

• only 1 brave soul for KJF?

• a kill japan first, strategy is a good one.  if you go full force with amarica toward japan.  and send a few inft with russia to slow them down in asia.  well then simply that is the end for japan.  they do not have the resources to capture the islands back.

• @axis_roll:

only 1 brave soul for KJF?

I’ve seen enough games end with Panzers in Red Square to make me believe that KJF is almost “pie-in-the-sky” thinking.  :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

Allied going after Japan requires a very knowledgeable Allied opponent.

This can happen:
    1. by chance (Japan gets horrible dice)
    2. by design, but it takes careful planning.

It is very effective though if you plan it right.

However, I’m not one to let Germany get big.

• @Wazzup:

Allied going after Japan requires a very knowledgeable Allied opponent.

This can happen:
    1. by chance (Japan gets horrible dice)
    2. by design, but it takes careful planning.

It is very effective though if you plan it right.

However, I’m not one to let Germany get big.

Care to share how you plan it right?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

KJF is so easy though.  Especially if Japan screws up at Pearl. (Think Taffy 3 taking out the Japanese Center Force at Leyte!)

Seriously, the trick with KJF is to have England take East Indies, New Guinea and Borneo with an IC in India, two rounds of pressure with Russia, and full engagement with America.  You will rapidly restrict Japan to SZ 60/61 and her main island in which case you’re shuttling troops from Alaska to Buryatia/SFE with America and putting 1-3 infantry into India a round to keep them bottled up while you walk from SFE to Europe and sail from England to Europe.

Guess technically it’s Slow Japan First cause I don’t really advocate invading Japan central unless you happen to find yourself in a position to do it.  But by restricting Japan to Japan and her headwaters you’ve killed her first, in essence, if not in fact.

• 2007 AAR League

Plan is bringing russia into bury
    UK fleet in z30
    IC india
    USA investing in Navy

If Japan bids units in asia, this could be more difficult though.

• 2007 AAR League

KGF probably has the best overall chance of victory, but it is by no means certain.  KJF can be just as equally successful.

• @jsp4563:

KGF probably has the best overall chance of victory, but it is by no means certain.  KJF can be just as equally successful.

Ok, everyone. Here’s a task: find a contradiction in the above sentence.

(Sorry, jsp. But since you’re currently the big man I gotta pick on you. And “just as equally” just nails your message to this board.)
    :-P

KJF is more fun.  KGF is old.  Same thing, every time, every game.  Only changes are dice results.

KJF results, when done right, in a massively sized England, and it is recoverable if you lose Moscow.  You cannot recover from the loss of Moscow in a KGF game, even if you get Berlin.

• Tell that to JSP who just loss a capital trade game to me  :evil:

smile

I’d rather sink his fleet then take his capitals.  I’m good at sinking his fleet.  I’m not so good at getting his capitals.  Maybe my admirals think taking his CAPITAL SHIPS are the goal, not his CAPITAL CITIES?

• 2007 AAR League

I’d take berlin over moscow any day.  But, then again, if Japan takes over Moscow with 20 units and US/UK take Germany with 3, that might change things.
    Still, Moscow over Berlin… for sure.

The thing about KJF, is that a seasoned vet will make Germany a power both on the ground and the sea.  Makes coming after Germany quite a bit more difficult after Tokyo has been overtaken.

Versus a seasoned vet, I take KJF, unless the dice say otherwise on J1.

Usually, if Berlin falls, it falls to a very light Allied force.

Usually, when Moscow falls, it falls to a massive stack of Axis forces with both Germany and Japan massed around Moscow.

I’d rather have Moscow then Berlin.  I can retake Berlin easily.  It’s much harder to retake Moscow.

• It’s true that Berlin is usually only taken with a few Allied units.  But if the Allies have done their work properly, they already control Eastern Europe, Ukraine, and various other European countries.  Japan doesn’t need a lot of stuff to retake Berlin, but Japan can’t match the 10 units a turn (soon 16 a turn with S. Eur) plus UK infantry from London.

UK/US/Germany beats USSR/Japan.  There’s just no place for Japan to attack, and the Allies can advance without too much trouble in the Pacific.

• @newpaintbrush:

UK/US/Germany beats USSR/Japan.  There’s just no place for Japan to attack, and the Allies can advance without too much trouble in the Pacific.

You’re dead wrong mister.  :-)

USSR/Japan beats UK/US/Germany in most cases. Here’s why:

1. Multinationality. UK/US will largely share the ipcs, that is a drawback when it comes to advancing. An attacking force of 30 inf, 30 arm is better than a 2-punch with 15 inf, 15 arm. It’s favorable in terms of trading territory, but the important factor is taking and holding territory.

2. Logistics. Japan has direct access by land to Africa, that means the allies will either have to surrender Africa or engage in a massive campaign in Africa at the expense of the eastern front. Doing so also means Japan at any point can shift their front from Europe to Africa taking out any troops left behind in Africa. An allied extraction will take time unless they have a million transports available.

3. Fleet. Japan is better suited for naval warfare. The ipc islands are closer to Japan than they are to the US and with a larger income controlling the pacific should not prove difficult. In any battle for the med Japan is also favored, they build directly at caucasus bordering ukraine/balkans. Quite handy for adding support shots when trading. They also threaten s.eur and w.eur and any allied african troops.

• I think ALOT depends on what survives after Russia/Germany has fallen as well as who has what… Does US have Southern?  Does Japan have Caucasus …
    Where is the Japanese fleet?

Too many variables to make any statement that is beyond mere conjecture…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m