How do you typically play the Americans?

• '19 Moderator

I don’t play America much, but when I do I build transports and enough ground troops to fill them.  I move every thing from the pacific to the Atlantic and by the third turn I am usualy in France.  When I have enough Tranys I start building air.  After that I invade france every turn until germany can’t take it back and then Berlin, sometimes Italy if it’s empty or close to.

Japan can’t hit the west with out me seeing at least one turn in advance, if they do I biuld some extra Inf.

• 2007 AAR League

Most players do go KGF, but I got tired of the same ole thing and wanted to try some KJF strategies.  Jen is right that the mere presence of a US pacific fleet forces Japan to spend money in the pacific that would otherwise be spent against Russia and Africa.  The allocation of 8-12 IPC to the Pacific still leaves the US enough IPC for the atlantic.  The combined allied IPC’s in the atlantic is more than enough to contain Germany while you build up forces for the Kill.

• The trick is NOT to play the Americans.

What you have to play is the Allies, or a member of the Allies.

Trying to do things without your team = loss.

Generally, I go like - Build infantry plus other units in E. US, march them to W. US on next turn, transport to London with transport “A” on next turn, transport to Africa or Europe with transport “B” next turn.  It takes a long time to set up a transport chain, but once it’s going as described, it’s a big pain.  Especially when you take transport “A” off of shuttle duty and unite it with the rest of the fleet.  Five UK transports followed by six US transports is quite a threat.

If you want to go KJF, you build a lotta navy.

––

Remember, you don’t need to know how to play the AMERICANS.  You need to know how to play the ALLIES.  It doesn’t matter if you build an Atlantic fleet OR a Pacific fleet if you have the UK doing nothing but building infantry on London, or if you have Moscow buildling nothing but bombers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m