• 2007 AAR League

Typically how do you resolve a tie in bidding?

Thanks guys.

• 2007 AAR League

Flip a coin.

• That is effectively what DAAk does, random selection in the case of a tie bid.

• First, decide who will bid first.

Then, everyone bids in increments of at least 1.

So if Player A and Player B both are willing to play the Axis with 6 IPC, if Player A says “6”, and Player B doesn’t want to say “7”, that’s it.

If Player A says “5” and Player B says “6”, and Player A doesn’t want to say “7” that’s it.

• Backward Paint, you want to work DOWN on the Bid, not up.

• '19 Moderator

That’s whats known as “auction bidding”  with blind bids if your sitting at a table just roll for it. or give it to the player who is willing to drop his bid by one.

• @Craig:

@ncscswitch:

Backward Paint, you want to work DOWN on the Bid, not up.

Caspian Sub likes the “Name that Tune” bidding down.

I and Greg Smorey use bidding up in our tournaments.

Craig

Out of all the kooky ideas and fluff pieces C-sub has…. (j/k guys, dont send more hate mail)

I actually would prefer a “name that tune” bid. Gives the initiative to the bidder rather than the bidee.

• 2007 AAR League

@Craig:

@ncscswitch:

Backward Paint, you want to work DOWN on the Bid, not up.

Caspian Sub likes the “Name that Tune” bidding down.

I and Greg Smorey use bidding up in our tournaments.

Craig

Craig,
    Can you share how that works?  I’m not getting it.

• 2007 AAR League

I can play Germany with a bid of 14 IPC and a CV with 2 FTR in the Baltic.

Oh yeah?

I can do it with only 12 IPC, 1 BB and 3 TRAN in the MED!

What???

I can do it with only 10 IPC, and 1 FTR in Norway!

… <long series=“” of=“” back=“” and=“” forth=“” “anything=”" you=“” can=“” do=“” i=“” better=“” with=“” less"=“” statements=“”>…

What a cream puff!!

I can win with Germany and I’ll give the USSR that CV and two FTR in the Black Sea!

Really?  You are so gonna regret this!!
    Game commences with last bidding player “winning” the bid.</long>

• 2007 AAR League

Ok here is a question about bidding. What kind of unspoken rules are there about where a country can place a bid? For example what exactly limits where naval units can be placed? Can germany place a submarine in the Pacific or can Japan place a submarine in the mediteranean?

• @AJGundam:

Ok here is a question about bidding. What kind of unspoken rules are there about where a country can place a bid? For example what exactly limits where naval units can be placed? Can germany place a submarine in the Pacific or can Japan place a submarine in the mediteranean?

no!!!
    they have to border the biddie’s territory.

• 2007 AAR League

So another sub in Sz 8 is out of the question? Germany already has a sub there so why can’t it reinforce it?

• @AJGundam:

So another sub in Sz 8 is out of the question? Germany already has a sub there so why can’t it reinforce it?

yeah, but he said a japan sub. it must be the same country’s units.

• 2007 AAR League

Oh ok sounds reasonable

• 2007 AAR League

@AJGundam:

If the rule is not spoken, is it a rule???  :wink:

It seems that it would be a faux pas to bid a unit to a location that is not either inside the starting territories of the country, adjacent to them (naval unit only) or co-located with existing naval units.

That said, there maybe some interesting bid options out there if Germany was allowed to bid a SS in SZ 11, for exampe.  Might be a way to liven up an otherwise boring game.

Bid units can only be placed in that countries territories that they control or spaces that already include units (sea zones).

So Germany can’t bid and place any units in Japan’s territories and Japan can’t place in Germany’s territories.

And naval units must be placed in sea zones that already include ships.

• 2007 AAR League

Interesting.

We have already seen some discrepancies in the “official” statements regarding where the bid units can go.

Cyan states naval units can go in SZ adjacent to that nation’s territories.

DarthMaximus states naval units can only go in SZ where that nation already has naval units.

Seems like the “unwritten rules” need a little writing…  :-o

I’m pretty sure bids must be placed in spots where you already have units, whether it is land or sea.  I don’t think G and J have any unoccuppied lands to start so that is not really an issue for land units.

However with sea units consider an 8 bid with a trn to sz 7.  I believe this puts Ecan immediately in play for Germany on G1.

• 2007 AAR League

Yep.  That TRAN in SZ 7 hits EC.

But a TRAN in SZ 12 hits GRN, EC, EUS, PAN, WI, BRA, FWA, FEA and BC.

That can really make for an interesting opening.  :evil:

Very true.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m