• I may in my current game :-)

• 2007 AAR League

well done then. Im talking about LL btw.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’ve taken Russia on J4 and on G3 before.  But it’s ultra rare and usually against someone who decides to buy tanks on Russia 1 or even worse, I’ve seen a 2 fighter build on Russia 1 (classic.)

But they have it right, in classic AND revised Japan is pretty immune to American aggression for a couple rounds at least, maybe even 3 rounds so clearing islands is easy.  The bad news, cleared islands are easily conquered. Which is why, normally, in a KJF situation I like to leave 1 US Infantry, 1 Armor, or 2 Infantry on conquered islands with value on them. (New Guinea, Philippines, Borneo, East Indies, Philippines, Okinawa, Hawaii.) That way if I loose the fleet somehow or Germany sneaks out they cannot liberate my islands.

@ezto:

What is LL? all the acronyms are confusing sometimes.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Low Luck

Basically you add up all the attacker’s attack values and divide by 6 and that’s the number of hits you get (any remained rolled on one six sided die for a potential extra hit.) You do the same for the defender.

For insantce, if you attacked 3 infantry with 3 fighters and 3 armor you would have the following:

Attacker: 3 Armor, 3 Fighters combined attack value of 18.  18 divided by 6 is 3.  Attacker gets 3 hits automatically.
    Defender: 3 Infantry combined defensive value of 6.  6 divided by 6 is 1.  Defender gets 1 hit automatically.

thanks for that tid bit.

• @ezto:

This is ADS, but the dice are not the factor… 14 German ARM in Ukraine, and 7 German FIGs on the board (plus the 26 INF, 1 ART, and 6 ARM that Japan has in Asia) seem to be the key.

:mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

no arguing that.

• 2007 AAR League

How about this crazy J1 build:

1 IC in FIC, 1 IC in East Indies?

EI threatens Africa, the red sea and Persia all one TRN move away, and can fill 2 TRNs each round. With this build I think the Axis should be able to take Caucasus pretty quickly and also control Africa and the Mediterranean, and Australia.

EI and FIC are also well placed to defend Japan’s high-IPC islands.

• 2007 AAR League

I think it might be too slow for taking Asia and too fast for taking Africa.

Japan’s main problem is that it needs to build a large amount of infrastructure to support it’s troop movements. In your case, you would still need to build a bunch of TP’s. Exclusively building the infrastructure first and the troops later leaves the allies with too much time and money. Japan has to split it’s income to simultaneously build the infrastructure and the troops to keep up the pressure and also ensure an adequate income to expand which means, in my opinion, TP’s first, IC’s later.

Japan will make more money because it will take Africa sooner but it will be at the expense of Germany. Germany needs some or all of the African income in the early rounds and Japan taking that money will leave Germany short.

It might work if you just abandon Africa with Germany and go strictly Europe but I think it will only benefit the allies. Russia will be able to keep less troops in the east because Japan will be spreading themselves pretty thin early by going after Africa and a strong US push into Africa and the Med will leave Japan with too many territories to attack and defend with little chance of being able to concentrate it’s offensive units firepower.

• 2007 AAR League

In my two recent games however Russia has kept nothing in the East anyway. I guess you would still have to build more TRN anyway. Maybe the EI IC is a better build later on.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m