• I tried to cram the entire book in my head in one game session and perhaps I overlooked the rule.  If a fighter plan has a movement of 4 and can fly over enemy territory and engages a combat on movement 4 but cant occupy a newly won territory does the planes movement reset after the battle or is the plane lost?  Basically what im asking is does the planes movement reset after battle or does all its move going to and leaving have to be within its range?

Thanks

• Official Q&A

The plane’s entire movement allowance is a combination of combat and noncombat movement.  In other words, a fighter that moves three spaces in combat movement has only one space left for noncombat movement.  Planes may not be sent on “suicide missions”.  If a plane doesn’t have a possible landing space, it can’t legally make the combat movement.

• Thanks I played that rule wrong lol……Thanks again you have answered ever single one of my questions so far!

• Kireghund,

As usual, your response is greatly appreciated.

Have you thought of compiling all the questions and answers and having it stickied somewhere so that we can just find it and read through the various scenarios and questions that people have?

Also what about a 1-800-AAN-SWRS hotline number?  That way none of our games have to be stopped for a ruling.

I’m sure you can charge for your service to make it worth your while?

Not sure if anyone asked but what is your AA background?  I’m imagining a guy in white robes with flowing beard sitting in front of a computer eagerly awaiting a question.  I could be totally wrong, maybe it’s black robes, who knows.

All kidding aside, thank you for your answers and appreciate your services.  You really should look into the hotline number but…

• Official Q&A

@gnasape:

Have you thought of compiling all the questions and answers and having it stickied somewhere so that we can just find it and read through the various scenarios and questions that people have?

Larry’s thought about creating an on-line Q&A database, but I don’t know if it will ever happen.

@gnasape:

Also what about a 1-800-AAN-SWRS hotline number?  That way none of our games have to be stopped for a ruling.

Naaah.

@gnasape:

Not sure if anyone asked but what is your AA background?  I’m imagining a guy in white robes with flowing beard sitting in front of a computer eagerly awaiting a question.  I could be totally wrong, maybe it’s black robes, who knows.

It’s grey robes.

I’ve been playing A&A since 1984, and became the “Official Answer Guy” at Larry Harris’s site in 2005.  Since then, I’ve written the FAQs for Battle of the Bulge and Anniversary Edition, and helped write the FAQ for Guadalcanal.  I was also a playtester for Anniversary, and helped write the rulebook.  Recently, I revised the rulebook for A&A 1942.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m