AA50: Away all boats!! Amphib Invasion

• OK kicking around ideas for how I see Amphib Invasion…

1. Sea battle if required.

2. AA

3. Air battle until only one side has fighters in the target territory (defending fighters permitted to retreat).

4. If no sea battle but defending subs are present, defending subs may elect to surprise strike or remain submerged… even if only “attacking” naval unit is transport.  In this case, transports are considered unloaded after first cycle of sub strikes.

5. If no sea battle, offshore bombardment.

6. Defending artillery fires with casualties removed immediately (no return fire).

7. First round general ground combat: all non-infantry land units attack at 1 less than normal and no 1:1 arty bonuses.

8. General ground combat occurs as per normal, no blitzing…

So in other words, aside from my air supremacy thang in step 3 and  U-boats off Dieppe in step 4, the rest of the steps try to:
    (a) give defending arty the chance to punish those little ankle-biters suddenly swarming your pre-sited kill zones, and
    (b) reflect that offensively, initially you’re just trying to sort out where’s… well pretty much anything and how did sand get in there!!  Forget about returning effective fire and all arms cooperation.

• Well to make it exactly like AARHE, you would need one difference:

The first round only attacking infantry fire, then in other rounds all other land units can fire.

Also, we allow retreats and each unit doing this is converted to infantry and reembarked.

• @Imperious:

Well to make it exactly like AARHE, you would need one difference:

The first round only attacking infantry fire, then in other rounds all other land units can fire.

Also, we allow retreats and each unit doing this is converted to infantry and reembarked.

Naw, not a fan of my arty and armour sitting on their hands for an entire round.
    But I do like the Dunkirkian feel of the infantry conversion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m