• Yes its probably the one with the largest file.

• if you haven’t downloaded yet

http://rapidshare.de/files/29374405/Axis___Allies_Historic_Edition_Phase_2_Draft_20060813.rtf.html

uploaded a newer one just for you

• Our naval fighters have a reduced range compared to normal fighters. 4 vs. 2.

We’ve also taken the typical air movement restriction of not able to use X-1 movement points to get to your destination. You can only use X/2.

So the Pacific Islands now have a degree of importance.

You can no longer fly a FTR from Japan to Midway. Normal even with Long in Non-Combat with LRA tech.

• 2007 AAR League

Getting back to the island value thing I think that in order to make islands more valuable to players there needs to be an increase in zones in the Pacific so that there is a need land in islands thus making people conquer them more. And as for Gibraltar I think that it should close the Med if it is taken because wasn’t it basically a fortress preventing ships from passing through into Atlantic?

• If you are going to do that with Gibraltar, the same rules as for the Suez should apply:
    Control both, your side only may pass.
    Mixed control, neither side may pass

• right that remains unchanged from OOB and LHTR

• 2007 AAR League

Just a question … why were places like Rio De Oro and Saudi Arabia put in the game just to make it historic or something because they dont do much of ne thing and why is Argentina nuetral wouldn’t it be more on Germany’s side because I mean America gets Brazil (i’m not sure but wasn’t that more sided with Germany?)?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Neutrals were just put in as useless lands too.  Common, Switzerland???  What is making that a neutral going to turn it into a barrier for?  Spain, Mongolia, Argentina/Chili/Venezuela I understand.  The rest are pointless as well. (Those, btw, being the commonly invaded neutrals.)

• @ncscswitch:

If you are going to do that with Gibraltar, the same rules as for the Suez should apply:
    Control both, your side only may pass.
    Mixed control, neither side may pass

Yeah. The map proportions are inaccurate.
    The Med Sea opening is actually wider then English Channel!

And did Algeria have coastal batteries like Gibraltar?

@ajgundam5:

Just a question … why were places like Rio De Oro and Saudi Arabia put in the game just to make it historic or something because they dont do much of ne thing

Actually its not useless.
    If the nearby areas are fortified you can make an easy/easier landing by attacking the neutrals.
    On the other hand it models why people inavded neutrals as even when defending a region. They may have no army, no income, but strategically they needed to.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’m sorry, your explaination is right, but I just cannot see America going:

“Oh shoot, Germany’s got 400 tanks in French West Africa, I’ll land in Rio de Oro instead!!”

So yea, I have to say, most of the neutrals really will never get used.  They’ll be unscratched areas on the board until the day it disintegrates in the hands of an archeologist a billion trillion million years from now.

Some of the others are awesome!  Tkae Mongolia to avoid Yak.  Take Spain to avoid Sea Wall in Europe.  Take Argentina to invade Brazil.  Take Venezuela to liberate Brazil!  Take Switzerland for….uhm…uhm…ere…uhm…CHOCOLATE!  That’s it!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m