Axis and Allies 1940 global 2nd edition. UK strategies

• I’m fairly new to axis and allies so I was just wondering what are some good strategies for the UK in Europe? (We split the UK between two players so I only need to worry about the Europe side)

• How do you split UK? The key to UK Europe is holding Egypt. Build a factory there second turn, if you can.

• We split it between UK Europe and UK Pacific. And I’ll try that thanks!

• Hey i’m homeschooled!

• Splitting up UK seems weird to me because how do you manage your fleet or airplanes?

• Would make it a hell of a lot harder on allies that way… Allies have it rough in a 1v1 situation. When you start making it a 3v5 it gets even worse. You need all the micro you can get. lol

• '16 '15 '10

Your main objectives are

1. Destroy Italian fleet and convoy Italy with subs if possible.
    2. Prevent Italy from getting national objectives, and get your objective, if possible.
    3. Don’t lose London or Egypt!
    4. Build up naval pre-dominance in the North Atlantic and land in Norway and/or Normandy.  ACs + fighters (plus a few destroyers) are what you want to buy.  United Kingdom cannot complete this task alone; it must work closely with the United States.  It’s preferable for United States to first capture Norway and/or Normandy so usa can build a factory (in Norway) and use it.

• No actually it shouldnt make it harder. Theyre basically two separate nations anyways. Separate income, can’t build on each other, dont overlap on the board too much etc… And thanks for the tips guys ill definitely try em

• @thatonehomeschooler:

No actually it shouldnt make it harder. Theyre basically two separate nations anyways. Separate income, can’t build on each other, dont overlap on the board too much etc… And thanks for the tips guys ill definitely try em

It definitely helps to be able to attack together with British and Indian units.

• Our group has played with India and UK as seperate parts of the Commonwealth (Global 39 has the FEC {Far East Command} and the uk seperate}).  The allies have to work together and nt compete against each other.  The ANZAC player already has to share the DEI with India if either of them are going to have any real income to work with.  India and UK can work together as seperate players.

AS for the thread, build destroyers in Canada to hunt subs to work on your NO (no German Uboats in the Atlantic).  Also, bomg Germany in West Germany, Paris, Normandy…where ever you can hit them.  You may not be able to ivade effectively by yourself but you can harrass the German player enough that he has to pay attention to the Uk as well as smash the Soviets.  Landings in Norway and fortifying it takes away from Germany and opens another route to aid the Soviets.  Securing the Northern flank can help Leningrad or if need be retake it for the Soviets.  Zhukov44 was right.  Don’t lose Cairo.  Trops build in South Africa of tanks and mechs can help hold Cairo and even destroy the North African Italian army.  A IC build in Cairo, once secured will help limmit Italy and secure a route for US troops the attack the soft underside of Europe (usually not that well defended by the axis).  One last thing is hold Gibraltor if possible.  Building and air base there and sending some fighters can make US entry into the med so much easier.  It also  allows allied ships into the med to keep the Italians from their Med naval NO if the British med navy didn’t fare so well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m