XDAP2 Round 2 - Atlanta Axis vs Chuck Norris

• '12

DaneE/ Rasmustb,

Guys, I am looking forward to a good game.  I am sending over mine and RGP’s email address to you.  Message me here in the post and we will get the bidding started.

Let Round 2 of the XDAP2 begin!

• Perhaps we have to forfeit unfortunately. I am not sure. I have played very few a&a games in recent years, and none in the last six months or so. I sort of counted on my teammate to be responsible for practical matters regarding the tournament. However, I am unsure whether we are able to play. I know that he just left with his family for a 5 weeks vacation to Thailand, think they left a few days ago.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned we would be happy to loose as forfeit or whatever it is called in English. Rasmus (my teammate), please respond if you are able to participate in the game and we are able to actually play.

Sorry about the inconvenience regarding this possible forfeit.

Dan

• Ask Gargantua. If your teammate left on a vacation, then simply put the game on hold till he gets back. I doubt anybody minds. As long as he gets back that is :D.

Yes it will delay the game, but in league games you can also take a vacation and come back after that. All you need to do is mention a time. My advice stands. Ask Gargantua. It is his tournament.

• And not all round 1 games are finished yet. It would be different if all round 1 games were finished.

• '14

@dane:

Perhaps we have to forfeit unfortunately. I am not sure. I have played very few a&a games in recent years, and none in the last six months or so. I sort of counted on my teammate to be responsible for practical matters regarding the tournament. However, I am unsure whether we are able to play. I know that he just left with his family for a 5 weeks vacation to Thailand, think they left a few days ago.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned we would be happy to loose as forfeit or whatever it is called in English. Rasmus (my teammate), please respond if you are able to participate in the game and we are able to actually play.

Sorry about the inconvenience regarding this possible forfeit.

Dan

Hi Dan, Jeff and ?

I did indeed just land in Thailand a few days ago - sweet! I don’t think Ill be able to take turns on a regular basis while Im here but Im hoping that we will be able to complete the game when I return (which is at the 15th of april)? I hope thats ok with you guys? I also believe that several games in the tourney are first round games so we should have some time to play this one out…

Warm greetings
    Rasmus

• '15

@Soulblighter:

Ask Gargantua. If your teammate left on a vacation, then simply put the game on hold till he gets back. I doubt anybody minds. As long as he gets back that is :D.

Yes it will delay the game, but in league games you can also take a vacation and come back after that. All you need to do is mention a time. My advice stands. Ask Gargantua. It is his tournament.

Soul, the last thing we need in this tournament is 5 week holds on games, XDAP already lasts 2 years as it is.  Also it annoys me that somehow 1 person unable to post for a TEAM renders the TEAM unable to post.  What is the point of having teammates if you are just going to play essentially by yourself.  Yes, league games do get paused for vacations, illnesses and such but those are 1-on-1 games so that is understandable.  As far I’m concerned if one player is able to post from the team the game should continue.  If Garg doesn’t want to enforce that rule fine but then I’d request that he move the bracket around and put DanE/Rasmus somewhere where their opponent hasn’t been decided yet and give us someone who wants to play.

• @rgp44:

@Soulblighter:

Ask Gargantua. If your teammate left on a vacation, then simply put the game on hold till he gets back. I doubt anybody minds. As long as he gets back that is :D.

Soul, the last thing we need in this tournament is 5 week holds on games, XDAP already lasts 2 years as it is.  Also it annoys me that somehow 1 person unable to post for a TEAM renders the TEAM unable to post.  What is the point of having teammates if you are just going to play essentially by yourself.  Yes, league games do get paused for vacations, illnesses and such but those are 1-on-1 games so that is understandable.  As far I’m concerned if one player is able to post from the team the game should continue.  If Garg doesn’t want to enforce that rule fine but then I’d request that he move the bracket around and put DanE/Rasmus somewhere where their opponent hasn’t been decided yet and give us someone who wants to play.

This version of XDAP is different. The only way this tournament will last 2 years is if and when the pit fights take to damn long.

• '14

@rgp44:

@Soulblighter:

Feel free to do that and I guess we’ll forfeit the game if it isnt possible to move the brackets…

cheers

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m