• Hello all, I am new here to the forum. I have about a years worth of Axis and Allies experience but I am playing Global for the first time tomorrow. Since the US begins the game as a neutral country, they can not activate Brazil Turn 1 correct? Are they allowed to move troops there to automatically activate the territory when they enter the war or must they wait until the following phase once attacked or with the proper time?

• Sponsor

@greenmustang21:

Hello all, I am new here to the forum. I have about a years worth of Axis and Allies experience but I am playing Global for the first time tomorrow. Since the US begins the game as a neutral country, they can not activate Brazil Turn 1 correct? Are they allowed to move troops there to automatically activate the territory when they enter the war or must they wait until the following phase once attacked or with the proper time?

Hey Green Mustang,

Yes, The United States begins the game as a neutral power, and as a neutral power they may not attack other nations, help other nations, or activate any pro allied territories such as Brazil. The United States may not declare war on the Axis powers unless they have had an unprovoked attack on them, the Axis have attacked London or any North American territory, or it is the American’s collect income phase of their 3rd turn. Also, the United States has some pretty strict restrictions while neutral, such as not being allowed to end their non combat movement phase with units adjacent to a Japanese controlled territory on the Pacific board, and not being able to venture away from sea zones adjacent to American territories on the Europe board. It is this last point that answers your question about landing on Brazil while neutral, the Europe side restriction for the Americans won’t allow you to park beside Brazil waiting to be at war. My suggestion is to designate 1 land unit and 2 transports off Washington. and once you declare war you may than take those units and land in Brazil on your next non combat movement. Once you claim the standing army of 3 infantry, you will have enough for 2 loaded transports including the single land unit you used to activate and control Brazil. Good Luck in your first game tomorrow, be sure to come here and tell us what happened.

• @Young:

@greenmustang21:

Hello all, I am new here to the forum. I have about a years worth of Axis and Allies experience but I am playing Global for the first time tomorrow. Since the US begins the game as a neutral country, they can not activate Brazil Turn 1 correct? Are they allowed to move troops there to automatically activate the territory when they enter the war or must they wait until the following phase once attacked or with the proper time?

Hey Green Mustang,

Yes, The United States begins the game as a neutral power, and as a neutral power they may not attack other nations, help other nations, or activate any pro allied territories such as Brazil. The United States may not declare war on the Axis powers unless they have had an unprovoked attack on them, the Axis have attacked London or any North American territory, or it is the American’s collect income phase of their 3rd turn. Also, the United States has some pretty strict restrictions while neutral, such as not being allowed to end their non combat movement phase with units adjacent to a Japanese controlled territory on the Pacific board, and not being able to venture away from sea zones adjacent to American territories on the Europe board. It is this last point that answers your question about landing on Brazil while neutral, the Europe side restriction for the Americans won’t allow you to park beside Brazil waiting to be at war. My suggestion is to designate 1 land unit and 2 transports off Washington. and once you declare war you may than take those units and land in Brazil on your next non combat movement. Once you claim the standing army of 3 infantry, you will have enough for 2 loaded transports including the single land unit you used to activate and control Brazil. Good Luck in your first game tomorrow, be sure to come here and tell us what happened.

Don’t forget an unprovoked attack by Japan on UK/ANZAC.

• '14

@ghr2:

@Young:

@greenmustang21:

Hey Green Mustang,

That only brings them into the war on the pacific side

• @wartorn:

@ghr2:

That only brings them into the war on the pacific side

It doesn’t directly bring them into the war like a DoW on the US itself, but it allows them to freely declare war on ALL the Axis powers, not just Japan.
    A DoW on the US directly only puts them at war with that power immediately, but again, they will be free to declare war on all the other Axis powers come their turn.

• Thank you all for the replies! I was the USSR and France in an Allied Victory. The Axis player waited to attack all of the major powers until round three and by that time we were too built up for him to push very far into one area.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m