• Is this a good strat for UK? Assume Russia make Eqypt safe from Germany R1 with plane and UK supports with 2inf from india and 1 for persia UK1.

• I don’t think so. The purpose of the IC is to prevent Germany from taking Africa. You can achieve the same effect by destroying the german med navy.

Allies have many ways to accomplish this even without investing significant purchases for Africa. A R1 bomber purchase is overall better if you want to ensure the med fleet goes down R2.

I’m pretty confident that 2 fig, 2 inf, 1 art is the best R1 buy for UK though. This maximizes the India defense in the subsequent rounds.

• '17 '16

@Oddbjoern:

Is this a good strat for UK? Assume Russia make Eqypt safe from Germany R1 with plane and UK supports with 2inf from india and 1 for persia UK1.

Even if you keep it another round or put it in a safer zone such as South Africa, UK have already two ICs to produce in and is not that wealthy.

One of my prefered opening with Germany is to buy a carrier to protect the Battleship and increase the overall range of 2 Fighters landing on it. Usually one of them, a Fighter, at least, sometimes a bomber is thrown against the Destroyer and a Sub with at least 1 plane is thrown at the Cruiser near Gibraltar. After that, many troops are in Africa ready to raid on Egypt with a consistent fleet to protect the transport against a few UK’s Aircrafts with not much ships (unless crossing Suez Canal with Carrier in UK1). On G2, Egypt is doomed and in German’s control.

• '17 '16

@MarineIguana:

I’m pretty confident that 2 fig, 2 inf, 1 art is the best R1 buy for UK though. This maximizes the India defense in the subsequent rounds.

It is my favorite one.
    Do you see another possible buying with a consistent strategy?
    Warships (Subs) in India for a KJF against IJN transports?

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

IMHO, a factory in Egypt is great if you can make sure to hold it from enemy invasion.  This is a pretty good spot to defend India, Africa, and support Russia.  But it is risky to lose if you just rush to build one there.  Also, UK has 2 factories to start with, if you are short of income it would become hard to split the money.  Because of these, I think it’s better to launch the factory in later phrase of the game (if needed) unless you see a golden opportunity to set up. (does happen from time to time). Watch out for your india backdoor also.  If you lose it because of building a factory in Egypt you are doomed.

I tend to think South Africa is a good spot but it seems to be too far from other places that you could only use this factory to defend Africa, so it’s not very efficient compared with spots like Egypt.  But then it’s a safe place to launch one so you might find its use occasionally.

For UK1 purchase,  2 Ft + 2inf + 1 Art seems like a reasonably buy but sometimes you will not be afforded to do this , for example, if Germany press hard to UK homeland.  Also there are times buying armour is better for mobility and better defence value.

My 2 cents : -)

• '17 '16

@innohub:

IMHO, a factory in Egypt is great if you can make sure to hold it from enemy invasion.  This is a pretty good spot to defend India, Africa, and support Russia.  But it is risky to lose if you just rush to build one there.  Also, UK has 2 factories to start with, if you are short of income it would become hard to split the money.  Because of these, I think it’s better to launch the factory in later phrase of the game (if needed) unless you see a golden opportunity to set up. (does happen from time to time). Watch out for your india backdoor also.  If you lose it because of building a factory in Egypt you are doomed.

I tend to think South Africa is a good spot but it seems to be too far from other places that you could only use this factory to defend Africa, so it’s not very efficient compared with spots like Egypt.  But then it’s a safe place to launch one so you might find its use occasionally.

I agree on those points too.

• It’s a bad idea. Even if Germany doesn’t take it, you’ll soon find yourself in a position where Japan is threatening both India and Egypt and you’ll have to sacrifice Egypt. Congrats, you just gifted Japan a factory.

• '17 '16

@Zombie69:

It’s a bad idea. Even if Germany doesn’t take it, you’ll soon find yourself in a position where Japan is threatening both India and Egypt and you’ll have to sacrifice Egypt. Congrats, you just gifted Japan a factory.

Is it the same in a KJF?
    USA can threaten Japan so IJN can not go to far away beyond FIC sea coast.
    Assuming UK invest full ground units on ICs and planes in UK.

• An IC in Egypt can work assuming the opponent is bad. I’m not even sure I would take an IC in Egypt if it were free.
    An IC in Egypt doesn’t accomplish much, forces allies to defend it, and costs 15 IPC that could be better spent.

The benefit is marginal. Germany already has a difficult time taking Egypt & Africa without additional naval buys. Often, UK can kill the battleship and transport R1 unless Germany makes a buy. It’s also not fantastic for supporting India since Egypt is only two production and a number of spaces from India. UK can make better use by spending 15 IPC towards 2 fighters.

The risk is great. Germany can threaten Egypt with just 1 carrier buy. Even if Germany never attacks Egypt directly, defending Egypt will divert units from defending India. Japan can easily place naval off FIC. This threat would force UK to defend both India and Egypt. Additionally, the sz off FIC is a great position for Japan to defend even if US commits to the Pacific (KJF).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m