new27.JPG
    new20.JPG

• new24.JPG

• mitchells, and American ac’s

new25.JPG
    new23.JPG

• b17’s

new28.JPG

• didn’t like turning the carrier or battleship on its side to show its damaged, so I made fire damage markers too go on the deck were the aircraft sit.  I used magnets too keep them there same as the planes…its always a pain when the planes fall off while you are moving sea zones, or going too the battle strip right??

new32.JPG

• empire of the rising sun…

new19.JPG
    new22.JPG

• rita’s and carriers

new34.JPG
    new30.JPG

• navy

new36.JPG

• Japanese armor

new5.JPG

• the Brits…

new52.JPG
    new39.JPG

• for you history buffs, the u boat 47 that crept in too the british harbor and torpedoed the british battleship royal oak and then snuck back out again!

new48.JPG
    new49.JPG

• new14.JPG
    new15.JPG

• new45.JPG
    new31.JPG

• ju488’s,

new42.JPG

• here’s what me and my A&A buddy look at when the game is all set up Europe side… thanks for taking the time too check these pieces out.

new44.JPG

• '16 Customizer

Again… WOW! Those planes are so sweet! Can you tell me how you did the mounting? I think I might do it as well… it just adds so much the look. Your colors are also really rich looking - what paints do you use?

The magnetic fire markers for the aircraft carriers are a great solution to an annoying problem. How do you fasten the magnets to the ships and the aircraft carriers?

Props man. Thanks for sharing.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

JWO, these pictures are sweet. I like the plane going down in flames look. That is just awesome. It looks like an AAA gun took you out. A lot of lost IPC’s, LOL. Even your ships with the damage on them is cool. Those pesky zeros need to be taken out! Good job, my friend! :-D

• Customizer

jwo1984 and others,

@jwo1984:

Just wanted too tip my hat too all the patient artists on here pain staking-ly painting all of their pieces too add to the experience of playing A&A.  Have some to share myself hope some enjoy.  *shout out too “tall paul”  your infantry units are spectacular too look at!

––First off,…nice work! I firmly believe ALL of us A&A gamers appreciate seeing the painted units of others, and it really adds to the “atmosphere” of a game!
    ----If you have happened to notice some of my units,…well then,…I’d say that it has been worth it for me on TWO counts. ONE, that I was able to share some enjoyment with others, and TWO, they seem to have “inspired” you to paint your own units. That gives me a great amount of satisfaction as I enjoy sharing with people, am VERY passionate about railroad & military history, and simply LOVE this game of Axis & Allies,….the best game on earth!

Tall Paul

• @Spitfire38:

Again… WOW! Those planes are so sweet! Can you tell me how you did the mounting? I think I might do it as well… it just adds so much the look. Your colors are also really rich looking - what paints do you use?

The magnetic fire markers for the aircraft carriers are a great solution to an annoying problem. How do you fasten the magnets to the ships and the aircraft carriers?

Props man. Thanks for sharing.

thanks a lot spitfire38, the mounting is a bit of a pain, but I just use a water base woodfiller (timbermate) from work roll it into a ball, then cut up clear plastic strips (from like a juice container) and set it in while the filler is still wet.  the filler dries I hot glue the plastic stand in and sand the bottom of the filler so it sits flat on the table.  They do work great cause they remove the clutter of units in some of the territories.  And you can adjust heights so you can fit a few aircraft in a territory without them bumping!
    The magnets are simple, I just paint the Ac (I use just acrylic craft paints, mix my own colors, and try to paint the pieces as historically accurate as I can) then just use superglue to glue the magnets onto the deck after I use a flat lacquer sheen to seal and protect the painting.  They are playing pieces however so they still get chipped up and damaged, especially the infantry, and the planes lose propellers and atennas lots to my dismay…but they are meant for battling in the end!

• ––First off,…nice work! I firmly believe ALL of us A&A gamers appreciate seeing the painted units of others, and it really adds to the “atmosphere” of a game!
    ----If you have happened to notice some of my units,…well then,…I’d say that it has been worth it for me on TWO counts. ONE, that I was able to share some enjoyment with others, and TWO, they seem to have “inspired” you to paint your own units. That gives me a great amount of satisfaction as I enjoy sharing with people, am VERY passionate about railroad & military history, and simply LOVE this game of Axis & Allies,….the best game on earth!

Tall Paul  Â

much agreed Tall Paul.  I check out your thread now and again looking for new photos of your units.  btw any chance we will see those b29’s you ordered painted up in the near future??  do you have any naval units painted too show and tell?? And are you excited about some of the pieces HBG is coming out with?? the brit expansion set, US set and French! I know I cant wait too paint those p47 jugs and liberty bombers!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m