• Another option, that might make it more offense oriented.  There was a WWII computer game that I played over at a friend’s house a couple of times (I can’t remember the name of it for the life of me).  Anyway, we played against each other over the network.  Instead of flags, they were more like little blimps, but the same concept either way.  When you captured the “flag” you got reinforcements, thus making it easier for you to continue your offense and also maintain control of the flags.  So, instead of sitting back and just playing defense (there was about 4 flags total), you were forced to get out there and grab those flags or your opponent would be able to builld a huge force from the reinforcements and overpower you.

• @General:

American .30 caliber machine gun team

The viskers is essentially the same thing as the 30. I wish they added a grenade special ability. Also, wouldn’t it be cool if they had French resistance (molitovs). The germans need a staff car and motorcycle with a side car (mg42). The americans need higgins boats if they make a d-day campaign. The commandos are a must.-PEACE

• As for farg’s comment, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen somewhere that they will add motorcycles in Set 3.  Grenades would be rather cool, adding a nice new variable.  Sure, the Vickers and the .30 cal may have been just about the same thing, but I think they should add it anyway, if only to make the game more realistic - like in the case of playing a battle where there were only American troops against the Axis.

• @grandmastafargus:

The americans need higgins boats if they make a d-day campaign.

I’ve been praying for Higgins LCs since I bought my first starter set for this game. Of course, this also goes hand in hand with my wishes for some Normandy maps to slap on the end of the table. It’d be sweet to have the actual landing, and then battle inland to take and hold key towns and causeways. If I had the space and resources I’d just make my own hex maps. Cuz my wishes extend to long bridges over wide rivers too (A Bridge Too Far type stuff), as well as some bigger city maps.

I can actually make a huge post only on the maps I want to see. But I’ll stop here.  :mrgreen:

-=Grim=-

• Oh man, i have been waiting for some bridge too far shit, and bridge over the river kwai. You could have some americans and brits surrounded by the japs and you would have to demo the bridge by like turn 5. TIGHT! Plus i was thinking that they need to add pill box hexes. If ur unit is in the hex then it gets a cover bonus. Let me know what u guys think cause im making my own d-day one in photoshop. PEACE

• I would like to see the addition of medics.  Maybe have their card have all surrounding frendly units have a similar +2 capability like tanks with superior armour. This would allow for infantry to be “wounded” so to speak.

• 2007 AAR League

They should sell specific map campaigns. D-Day would be awesome!!!

• I would like to see a mini panzer, those are tight. PEACE

• Well, why not just let your imagination run wild?  I’ve always considered designing maps that obviously don’t exist, just to accentuate having a definite “attacker” and “defender” position…

• “They should sell specific map campaigns. D-Day would be awesome!!!”

Check out the WOTC site.  In the articles area they have some scenarios and new maps.

• I wouldn’t mind seeing some African maps as well. El Alamein would be fun to fight out. Desert, gulches, hills and villages… it’s be alot of fun to use tanks on 'em! If they add alot of scrub and maybe some rivers they might be able to pass them off as Scicily too.

-=Grim=-

• -more early war armour
    French Suma 35, Char Bis 1
    Chech TNH-ps (PzKphw 38T)
    Russia BT5, BT7, T35 (3 gun turrets! slow no armour)
    British Matilda
    Mid war
    Greman Marders,Hetzers,  Puma
    Russian SU76, SU85, SU100

• @Strebe:

-more early war armour

Hell yea. I could totally dig more EW anything.

Well, actually I could totally dig more A&AM models to play with in general…

-=Grim=-

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m