• Sooo…  When is there gonna be a new set released?  I’ve been out of the loop for awhile, (mainly because of the lapse in WaS minis) and was wondering if anyone knew what the deal is.  I would appreciate info for new land-based AND sea-based minis.

• They are doing the rescaled re-release at the end of October.  there are no “new” models, though all vehicles will be about 25% larger to make them true 15mm scale, and some units will become a variant on an existing one.  For example, Canada will get a Firefly that uses the same model (with different paint) as used by the UK VC Firefly.  Additionally, some units will have new point costs (such as the Tiger going from 63 to 56).

Mot

• No new sets?  Really?  That kinda sucks, I guess… But at least that means that I’m finished collecting pieces.  What about WaS?  I mean they only released ONE set of those…

• Oh, don’t get me wrong.  There will be more sets, it’s just that the next release is the recap relase.  “Axis & Allies Miniatures 1939-1945” is what that set is called.  The next one is a North African themed set and I think it comes out in December?

• Ahhh, that’s good news.  :-)

• They have info. on the website at AH about the upcoming releases.  When I have more time, I will post the link.

• '19 Moderator

• @AgentOrange:

Ahhh, that’s good news.  :-)

I don’t think I’ll be getting any more sets.  I just cant see going out buying basic units (like the Sherman) all over again just so I can get the new-and-improved sized version.  And I don’t really want to have a mix.  I’m too anal to have a giant Sheman and a baby Sherman in play at the same time.

Mot

• '19 Moderator

yeah, it defineately sucks.  I havea pretty good sized collection now.  The problem for me is that the shermans I have now are already different sized.  I want them to be to scale, it’s just a shame the guys designing the game didn’t think of something so obvious from the begining…

• WoTC needs to offer a box of just armour units in the corrected sizes.

I’ll use the old ones for chess boards and military orders groups.

• Another re-cost was announced for the new expansion.  The King Tiger is dropping from 71 points to 62 points.

Screw the new minis, all I want is to get is an updated CARD for each minin that they recost.  So far that is 1/2 a dozen units!

Mot

• '19 Moderator

I agree, what ever happened to play testing.  If I didn’t want a good simple mini game so bad I would have dumped the whole thing along time ago.

• It is disappointing that WOTC are more concerned, in this instance, with generating new sales by rolling out new product lines (like the WAS line) before perfecting what’s already in production.  Didn’t they make their name by slowly perfecting Magic over the years?  Now, it’s a hugely successful game which will make them money for years to come.  It seems the forethought into A&A Minis was not as great.

With all that said, the minis themselves are beautifully done and the game mechanics are very manageable.  I just wish they would publish more “theme” groups of minis, like a Stalingrad set with plenty of Russian units (which seem to be hard to come by in the randomly packed sets) and maybe a Desert War set, with extra Italian units.  Instead, they went down this re-sizing and re-costing path, which just means they made everyone waste a bunch of money on what they apparently believe is an unfinished product.  Ah well, it’s a good problem to have in the scheme of things, I suppose.

• You’ve hit on my fundamental difficulty with the Minis game. To keep it simple and realistic it doesn’t have the depth to keep you in new sets. If they had put out more of what you mentioned. Here is 200 points of US troops to buy and here is 200 points of German troops to buy so you can play this set of scenarios I might have gotten on board. But I’m not chasing after units and playing another game that can quickly become no fun because I didn’t buy enough stuff.

:oops: Although I did buy some of the WAS stuff. It has The Enterprise. I couldn’t resist. I wanted to and know I should have but…  :oops:

• I agree, Frimmel, I’m not a big fan of the randomly packed sets.  Why does a “D-Day” set have Japanese units, for example?  For that matter, why have Japanese units at all?  It’s not as though there was that much variety in the Pacific, unit-wise.  Just wave upon wave of grunt soldiers yelling “Banzai” and being shredded by the Marines (yes, I’ve been watching “The War” this week, which is another topic, I suppose).  And it was mostly a Naval war in the Pacific anyway – no tank battles anywhere (at least, none that I’m aware of).  The Eastern Front, though – that’s another story altogether.  I just wish I had more Russian units and – here’s the catch – someone to play them with!

• @Gamer:

Why does a “D-Day” set have Japanese units, for example?

I think its because the Japanese were there sightseeing, you know, the Louvre and Eiffel Tower make for memorable photos :lol:.

• What really got me about that set is that the Higgins Boat is a rare. How can you be expected to have D-Day landing when you can’t get a Higgins Boat? It is a cool piece but it is D-Day for goodness sake no Higgins Boats no D-Day.

• What is the name for the North African set going to be? Is the Desert Fox, Rommel, going to be in this one? Or is he somewhere else. I guess he’s all I know about the North African campaign, except it was primarily English and German units, right?

• @colringbk:

What is the name for the North African set going to be? Is the Desert Fox, Rommel, going to be in this one? Or is he somewhere else. I guess he’s all I know about the North African campaign, except it was primarily English and German units, right?

Umm, there was this American general known as Patton involved – maybe you’ve heard of him?  :wink:

• '19 Moderator

lol

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m