• Remove Africa except eqypt Adds nothing to the game and the removal may make it easier to enlarge certain parts of Europe where the board is frankly to small.

Make Italy completly neutral round1 with its seazone passable Have tried this as a house rule and it works wonders to balance the game.

Germany may build in Munich Used this as a house rule together with the Italy rule and its nice.

• Customizer

What about Turkey neutral until its own turn?

Could do with the protection from Russia and Britain before it gets started, particularly with the PTR giving Russia extra units in Sevastopol. This would be historical, as Turkey invaded Egypt and the Russian Caucasus after declaring war. Otherwise, it is likely to face the Russians in Mesopotamia and the Brits in T-J and have nothing to do but fall back to defend the capital.

• Customizer

Guess what? Map.

Flashmap.PNG

• Customizer

Not particularly relevant, but I wanted to post it anyway.

JBjpg.JPG

• '14

No beef, really. I just draw a distinction between what might foreseeably happen in a new, 2.0 version vs. what would occur with house rules/tweaking.

Given the WotC delivery on generic sculpts, no cold, hard, IPCs, and the like, I doubt anything like cavalry would make an appearence. Changes in the rules, however, are a more likely thing. Africa, especially, needs some simple but specific rules (ie. restrictive movement, reduced unit attacks/defense, etc.)

However, they would be something I would consider adding in a house-rule/variant derived from A&A 1914. But they would need to add something significant or unique to the game play. I know that’s been discussed in other threads, and personally, I’m split on the issue. I am more likely to add trains and fortresses to the mix (e.g. the latter did significantly affect the course of the war, such as in Liege or Przemsyl). It gives another focus for artillery/infantry, and siphons off troops from the otherwise attritional wars o’ stacks.

Point being, I’m just drawing distinctions between “what might” and “would if”. And nothing personal was intended.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m