Which event would most likely top off an annoying game?

• If the daughter had any sense, she’d set the house on fire; that has a better chance of getting you people away from the board than anything else. Unless, of course, you decide that the battle for Okinawa is more important than surviving, which I suppose I can sympathize with…

• Just in case you were wondering I voted for the kitten… it proves that even a pussy can win a fight :)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Kitty’s are cute.

As for the battle of Okinawa…can’t really say anything for that…however there was a battle for the Phillipines that went on for two days back in High School…why we were so determined to own that plot of land, I’ll never know…all I know is we both dumped way too many resources into it to make it worth while.

• you forgot an option
    “losing”

Losing isnt an option.

• @Jennifer:

Losing isnt an option.

Ha

true, but it is the worst way (IMO) to end an annoying game.

• I suppose I have to back you up on that one, CC; far better that a cat destroys the game, and nobody wins, than to lose.

I don’t loose, I get recruited (forcefully) by the other side.

Actually, to tell the truth, I prefer to loose a game - provided the winner tells me what I did wrong or what they did more right then I did.

@Jennifer:

I don’t loose, I get recruited (forcefully) by the other side.

Actually, to tell the truth, I prefer to loose a game - provided the winner tells me what I did wrong or what they did more right then I did.

depends on how much of a sportsman is your opponent :wink:

I’ve found that a little flirting can extinguish most opponent’s desire for ultimate and total destruction. wink

• I’ve found that a little flirting can extinguish most opponent’s desire for ultimate and total destruction. wink

And I used to wonder why most women are quite good at Diplomacy… :-? ;)

although then you wonder how Queen Victoria in her haggardish state could… oh nevermind :wink: … and plz don’t write me no ugly letter…

• Ever seen “Mrs. Brown”? :)

Women cheat, Wargame…I’m not even close to the top 15% of brains that play this game and look at this board, but I bet IRL I could cheat well enough to beat them sometimes. smile (Of course, it really hurts my game when my stupid mistakes arn’t caught and pounced on, HARD!)

• '19 Moderator

I did have a game once where the Russian player in about the 20th hour of a weekend marathon game looked at me with an odd grin, laughed hysterically and fell out of his chair unconscious. We were as is our custom, well medicated. Its funny how long games tend to evolve into a contest of who makes the least mistakes and who has the highest tolerance for alcohol.

• As the allie’s my capitol surviving while the other two capital’s are captured by the axis. :cry:
    No matter what you did you just couldn’t stop the gerry’s and jap’s. :x

“Your aunt is riding a bicycle today.”

I think that’s why victory is declared when the allies loose two capitals. Although, I think that if you loose UK and USSR but USA holds Berlin or Tokyo then you should be allowed to keep playing. (or any ally holds an axis capital and an ally holds their own capital.)

• I meant that the allies lost but the 2 other capitals were captured ending the game and my capital survived! :x (usually the USA).

“Never have so few been commanded by so many.”

I know. They chose to end the game after two ally capitals were captured becuase at that point you just don’t have the finances to maintain an adequate supply of manpower to win. (Unless you can liberate a capital within a round.)

And yes, it is frustrating when the UK and USSR fall, especially as the game is geared towards allowing the “good guys” (a.k.a. allies) win.

• Actually it’s just that the winning condition for the game is that one side has to capture 2 capitals. This means if the axis claims UK and Russia they don’t need to take the US because they already met the victory condition.

Well anyway people, I get the point… I’m an idiot because I made the poll :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m