• I would like to get rid of rockets and replace with a good development!
    Any suggestions please.

Every time I get a 6 on development I get a 2.
    I always roll 1 die first turn with USA and when I get a 6 I roll a 2 rockets.
    Rockets are no good they cant change the game like HB or IT.
    BTW I all ways get the most useless development for the country.
    SS for germany, UK or russia and Rockets for USA or Japan.

Does any one else dislike rockets?

“All right, we start the war from here” 8) *

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Rocket’s arn’t my favorite technology in the game, but they are basically a free bomber run every turn. 1-6 IPCs won’t sound like much, but if US and UK have rockets (and US brings an AA to UK [we like to use a US control marker under the AA to remind everyone who own’s it]) you are doing 2-12 IPCs + whatever bombers you bring in.

Basically, I’m saying they arn’t totally useless. Though, I’ve played games at times when we changed rockets from 1d6 to 3d6 like a heavy bomber when HBs are discovered as well as rockets and 3 spaces to 5 spaces when LR is discovered as well as rockets.

• I had an idea that was allowing as many rockets as possible to fire (of course, they’d still have to be in range). So if you managed to somehow surround a territory with 3 AA guns, you’d get to roll 3 dice at the IC. Of course, still only one could fire per territory. What do you think? Too strong?

Sounds like a strong way to make rockets more viable and desireable as a technology. I don’t think it’s any stronger then HBs, since you’ll have to get the AA guns built and moved into position to really be detrimental. Meanwhile, HBs really only need to be build, just about everything is in range, if not on T1 then on T2.

• If I roll for tech, which is almost never, I am always happy to get anything! And I will take rockets over super subs, and most of the time jet fighters as well!

• I do not believe that techs should decide a game. Obviously what i believe is irrelevant, but from this:
    a rocket tech is a handy little nuisence. It can pare down (slowly) a nations forces. Other techs may be useful depending on your facility with your forces.
    Heavy bombers and IT are IMO too powerful and may change the game too radically.

If the UK lucks out and gets HB in turn one, you can basically call the game, regardless of what bid you put in. All you need is 2-3 HBs SBRing Berlin and Germany is reduced to an impoverished nation.

That’s one of the problems I have with the tech. The benefit, however, is it really does shorten the end game when you have some stubborn j*** **s with 500 infantry on their capital and you don’t want to spend the rest of your life counter building him just so you can get a victory when s/he won’t concede defeat. (and yes, that was an exageration, with 500 inf you could probably do quite a bit of dmg and save the game, but you all know what I mean.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m