• @Guerrilla:

they do the “untouchables”… :wink:

Who does what, now?

@Grigoriy:

@Guerrilla:

they do the “untouchables”… :wink:

Who does what, now?

SEALS…

• Yeah, I figured that much, but what are the “untouchables”?

Dirty missions, forward assualts, blowing stores, hostafe rescue….

• @Guerrilla:

Dirty missions, forward assualts, blowing stores, hostafe rescue….

All right, who calls them the untouchables, then?

um…me 8)

what I mean is not your standard taking territory via frontal assualt…

• @Guerrilla:

what I mean is not your standard taking territory via frontal assualt…

Now I understand…

• as do rangers, delta force, marine force recon, etc.

• despite my name I have to say Patton was the better General. He did a good job in africa and in Europe once he gained control of third army.

• Nobody rooting for Ike, ey?

All DDE did was marshall the combined forces of dozens of nations in every theater of the globe, besting all opposing armed forces and their officers, not to mention keeping all his feuding allied egomaniacs from undercutting the main effort. Oh, and he led the winning side all the way, to the terms of unconditional surrender everywhere.

By the way, no Japanese on the list? Too bad, I guess Yamamoto stank up the place pretty bad at Midway, huh?

• My vote goes to MacArthur.
    By the way, arenn’t the marines part of the navy and isn’t the best thing SEALS do is balance beach balls on their noses?

dubya also gatorade

• @guest:

My vote goes to MacArthur.
    By the way, arenn’t the marines part of the navy and isn’t the best thing SEALS do is balance beach balls on their noses?

Marines:

My
    A**
    Rides
    In
    Navy
    Equipment

@Grigoriy:

@guest:

My vote goes to MacArthur.

Marines:

My
    A**
    Rides
    In
    Navy
    Equipment

ahhh… I see your back in the US GI! So Your Army…Don’t you guys ever get along

• @Guerrilla:

ahhh… I see your back in the US GI! So Your Army…Don’t you guys ever get along

:D Don’t blame me, I just saw it in a porta-john at Camp Arifjan.

• You can’t really say because they all had different specializations… but the best land force general is Zhukov

• Ever since Saving Private Ryan everyone has started slamming Montgomery.
    In all honesty, why do so many people regard him as ‘over-rated’?
    Look at his campaign of pursuit after Alamein. The Germans (under Rommel by the way) were totally broken and forced into continuous retreat for 2,000 miles. Furthermore Montgomery’s pursuit did not peter out due to logistic overstretch.
    ok, fair enough, choosing him over Zhukov in this poll is probably not going to happen but I think there is too strong a tendency nowadays to under-rate him.

PS. Why no Manstein?

• @Chindit:

Ever since Saving Private Ryan everyone has started slamming Montgomery.
    In all honesty, why do so many people regard him as ‘over-rated’?
    Look at his campaign of pursuit after Alamein. The Germans (under Rommel by the way) were totally broken and forced into continuous retreat for 2,000 miles. Furthermore Montgomery’s pursuit did not peter out due to logistic overstretch.

Hmmm…well, Market Garden was his idea, I believe, and he required a large numerical superiority in order to beat Rommel also. Keeping a long supply chain is a good thing, but I don’t think it requires a particularly competent general.

• '19 Moderator

Exactly, and my opinion of Montgomery has nothing to do with “Saving Private Ryan” or any other movie.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m