• Mabye you’ve heard mabye not, but wensday, a depressed 19 year old named Robert Hawkins, walked into the Von Maur store and opened fire on anyone he saw with an AK-47 Assault Riffle that was stolen from his step father who is curently vacationing in Thailand. He left a note to his foster mom, saying the he was thankfull for all they’ve done for him, I’m nothing but a peice of s***, but now I’m going to be famous. His girlfriend broke up with him, and was fired from his McDonald job that same weekend and wasn’t taking his anti-depresant pills. Around 1:30, he walked into the mall, hiding the gun is his coat. He went up to the 3rd floor, he shot a total of 15 people, 8 of them dead and 3 critical. 3 killed with in the first minites, 1 on the 2nd floor when he shot him in the head over the balcony of the 3rd floor. Then as he headed over to the gifts section, he killed 5 more people. 5 women and 3 men lay dead, with over 35 shots fired. The rest of the mall was mostly eveacuated now, and seeing nothing else, he shot himself in the head. All happening with in about 10 minutes, the police arived just after it stopped, people wer running out of the mall, hands up, some wouned, while SWAT and heavy armed police entered, unsure if the shooter was still alive somewere. When they found his body, all was clear and medics went in, and more sacred people hiding in storage closets and bathrooms walked by the bodys and blood. The mall will open tommorow, but Von Maur will not for mabye another few days, invetigaters still trying to clean up the bullet holes and finding all the shells for evidence.

He truly did become famous, the last time something this bad  happened in Nebraska, was in 1977 bar shoot out, and a1953 incident. Another mass shooting, and another group of inecent people killed. It’s sad, truely, that this had to happen, the whole city was trying to find everyone they knew to make sure they were safe. This is an event that Omaha will never forget, and a memorial may be put up, so if you see a picture of a flag at half stafe in Nebrska, you’ll know it’s becuase 8 inocent people lost there lives to another brutal and bloody shooting.

MY deepest condolences goes to the families of the victims…

GG

• 2007 AAR League

my friend samantha works at von maur.  she was on the escalator going from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor.  she saw him come out of the elevator and start shooting.  she said she booked it down the up escalator and hid in a clothes rack and called the cops.  my friends and i were freaking out until we learned she was ok.

f that little douche.

• 2007 AAR League

Stupid emo kids ….

• I drove through Omaha, NE back in 91’ on a road trip to Denver to ski……you know if you want to kill yourself, fine kill yourself, why kill a bunch of innocent people before you do it. Retard!

Or better yet if you want to leave this world with something worthwhile to be remembered, leave it with people that you cared about… That should be enough.

GG

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Why are we giving this snot nosed brat of a shooter 15 minutes of fame by talking about his murders?

If the news would just have a short blurb that there was a mall shooting, the shooter was shot and killed/captured and let it drop never to revisit it again, we might not ever have these shootings again.

• @Cmdr:

Why are we giving this snot nosed brat of a shooter 15 minutes of fame by talking about his murders?

If the news would just have a short blurb that there was a mall shooting, the shooter was shot and killed/captured and let it drop never to revisit it again, we might not ever have these shootings again.

We have a “cult of victimhood” in this country these days IMO. Gnashing of teeth must not be prevented. “There was a shooting the shooters was apprehended/killed/took own life. In other news…” Does nothing to remember the fallen/lost. Must have moments of silence and not forget the victims and all that.

Coldness aside I am very sorry for those who have lost family or friends in that mess.

• Agreed, morn the lose of the victoms and not become filled with hate for the killer of the victoms. Although theres been alot talk about the victoms, the talk about Robert heavly over weighs it. Don’t do what he wanted you to do, which is talk nothing about him and how he killed everyone. In our Newspaper, there was 1 big artical about the victoms, there families, and how they put flowers on the mall steps, but there was 1 huge one about Roberts life, another one on the shooting itself, and another big one about the gun he used and how he got it from his step dad, covering a whole 3 pages! If he were to look down…or up rather  :wink:  :evil: , then he would be very satisfied at what the aftermath is, everyone morns the lose of the killings, everyone is paying atention to it, and everyone is talking mostly about him, so he realy did become famous I guess you could say.

Also, even if we didn’t talk about it or if no one cared if a bunch of people died, dosn’t mean that it would stop happening, when someone is depressed and filled with hate at the world, their not just going to want to kill themselves, their going to want to take someone out with them.

So have a moment for the victims. But don’t release the name of the shooter, don’t talk about his childhood, don’t talk about how one kid was a bully in his class, etc, etc, etc.  It becomes a month long memorial to the murderer in this country!

• @Cmdr:

So have a moment for the victims. But don’t release the name of the shooter, don’t talk about his childhood, don’t talk about how one kid was a bully in his class, etc, etc, etc.  It becomes a month long memorial to the murderer in this country!

what do you expect, it’s the media!..…I truely hate the media!  :x  :evil:

• 2007 AAR League

Since the Jews control the media I’m gonna blame them for the shooting! :wink:

AJ, should we really start that?

even in jest… :wink:

Jen, I don’t think this is the kind of attention some “-” want anyways. The only people we usually do consider in the end is the family of the victims, by going to their funerals, by donating to causes, by reflecting on their lives, etc…

GG

• @Cmdr:

I hope you didn’t misunderstand me.

I am saying the whole remember the victims, moment for the victims thing becomes the memorial to the shooter I think we are both against. It is the “cult of victimhood” which keeps this thing on the front page and on the headlines for far longer than it should be, which then keeps it in everyones mind for longer than it should be. IMO.

It’s simple.  The NFL doesn’t show streakers so that they don’t get the glory they want and thus, it discourages others from streaking.

Just apply the same principle to shooters.  Don’t give us his life story, don’t give us his name, condemn what he did and give us the names of the victims and then drop it.  No memorials for weeks on end for the country.  Those who faced the tragedy can have memorials.  Billy-Bob and Mary-Martha don’t know me from anyone else, so if I get shot in a mall by some degenerate, I don’t think they need to suffer weeks on end remembering me, since they don’t have memories OF me!

• '19 Moderator

I don’t think it’s bad to have memorials, especialy in the town it happened, but I agree 100% about the dirt bag that did it.  Black out the name and all his details.

• This kind of shit really depresses me.

• LOL! just dont go into a mall and shoot guys with your M4, instead go out on patrol and shoot Iraqi insugrents!  :evil:

• The insurgents tend not to congregate in malls. :wink:

• What, you mean they are not hanging out at Hot Topic and Victoria Secret?  :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m