• hey, i was playing around with this idea the other day and came up with this:

Each country gets one piece to be designated a general, it doesnt have to be an A&A piece necessarily, it could be a penny or something. the stats are as follows

Russia) Zhukov- All infantry moving with Zhukov attack/defend +1

Germany) Rommel- All armor moving with Rommel Attack+1

UK) Churchill- All RAF fighters in same territory as Churchill defend +1
    All Bombers launched from territory with Churchill roll 2 dice

Japan) Yamamoto- All carriers attack +1/Battleships defend +1 when in same seazone as Yamamoto

US) Patton- All armor moving with Patton attack/defend +1, all infantry in same territory as Patton, defend +1

Generals move 2 spaces per turn and count as 1 infantry on a transport. Generals can only be lost when you have no more of the piece they power up on the board. (Ex. if all UK Fighters/bombers are destroyed anywhere on the board, Churchill is lost) If a General attacks in a battle, and all their forces are destroyed, they are returned to the owners capitol. Generals cannot be purchased. Each Country starts with ONE General, starting in their Capitol. Attack stats are boosted ONLY when moving into same territory as General (Ex. if you split one territory’s forces to attack to enemies in same turn)

• Not bad, I like having named characters instead of anonymous “Generals”. I do think that maybe Japan should also have an air-based bonus because naval battles tend not to become important in most games.

@Grigoriy:

Not bad, I like having named characters instead of anonymous “Generals”. I do think that maybe Japan should also have an air-based bonus because naval battles tend not to become important in most games.

wasn’t there advantage in real life… but I can see what you mean

• How about giving Japanese fighters and bombers an extended range +1 movement of something like that … along with the naval abilities.

@MistaBiggs:

How about giving Japanese fighters and bombers an extended range +1 movement of something like that … along with the naval abilities.

they have puny-ranged aircraft… I’d say add +1 Inf. and Arm bonus in Amphib.

• Well … I was really thinking of their Kamikaze attacks – so, I suggest extra range. But, you correct – it was just a suggestion versus giving the Japanese airforce attacking/defending bonuses.

well even there Kamakaze attacks aren’t as sucessful as we think… could not give you the source(forgot) but I heard one time that they really only had a 2% SUCESS RATE… the were rarely successful just a waste of pilots

• Why Churchill?

• i got the other 4 names off the A&A PC game’s 5 star level, except Patton was a 4 star. but the UK said MONTGOMERY and i really dont know anything about himor the other 2 on there, and i figured churchill was more of a recognizable name.

i think i like Guerrilla Guy’s idea of the amphib bonus for the japanese, never really crossed my mind before. i thought about the kamikaze thing, but couldnt really come up witha fair way for it to work, closest thing i got to was for every 3 jap fighters destroyed at sea, one gets a kamikaze, or something along those lines.

or maybe just an Infantry Ampib bonus…

• I am not familiar with the rule can y’all bring me up to speed?

Amphibious Assualt??

land with troops and the BB in the battle that can fires land bombard and the units can’t retreat…

• I have played this way alot, but id use montgomery or alexander instead of churchill.

@Zhukov_2003:

I have played this way alot, but id use montgomery or alexander instead of churchill.

yeah….

• I don’t think the name matters but whatever! :roll:

I think that the American and Japanese are too good and Germany’s is not good enough (I mean Rommel really was brilliant).

@Drumstix:

I don’t think the name matters but whatever! :roll:

I think that the American and Japanese are too good and Germany’s is not good enough (I mean Rommel really was brilliant).

maybe +1 ATTACK, DEFENSE Armor

• I voted that your idea needs some work because you forgot that aside from being in Africa,Rommel also helped build the massive defense system in Normandy before the Allied invasin.

• Rommel 1 wrote:

I voted that your idea needs some work because you forgot that aside from being in Africa,Rommel also helped build the massive defense system in Normandy before the Allied invasin.

while this is true, he is most renowned as the “desert fox” for his work with the afrika corps in north africa.

• I like the Generals Rule - Hey M-4 where in FLA are you located?
    I’m In Kissimmee~

• last I checked churchill was only a political leader not a military one. a few touch ups could be made here and there but it is pretty good.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m