• I am thinking of making a collection of house rules and possibily printing them out so people can get a copy. If any one has any rules they would like to share please do. I will give them credit for their rules if I print out a ‘‘House Rule Book’’.

Any help will be very helpful
    thanx

• Russia Restricted is the one that stands out most for me. :)

• 2007 AAR League

I know that many people don’t like this rule, but how about the rule stating that industrial complexes can be destroyed on industrial bombing runs.

You can build certain ships (subs, and transports) even if your nation is sorrounded

IC i mean…
    8)

• @GG:

You can build certain ships (subs, and transports) even if your nation is sorrounded.

IC i mean…

Now I’m confused…do you mean if your IC is landlocked, or you have ships in the SZ where you want to build your ships? Actually, I kind of like the first idea-however, all countries have access to a port.

either or… your choice

Oh… and the russian winter :lol:

• Sorry i didnt mention this earlier but if you want to post a rule please give its details so i know what to write down

• Russia does not have port facilities, though Karelia does. (No you cannot build a Soviet fleet in the Caspian Sea!)

My house rule is “Visitors bring the snacks and drinks, except on my B-day when I want to make sure I get all my favourites.”

Everything else is negotiable unless my wife says so. :P

• A friend and I thought up a way including POWs. Although we think it needs some tweeking.
    Capturing land POWs
    1. after every battle divide the losers LAND loses by 10, (if 0.5 round up) that is the number of POWs of that country there is from the battle.
    2. Every country is assumed to have a POW camp in territories with ICs. Each camp can hold 3 POWs. You MUST supply camps for POWs, so you can buy extra camps (represented by ICs from AAE).
    3. Once they are captured place the POWs one of that country’s discs (if multiple place a white disc underneath the country’s disc).
    4. Once the units are caught change all tanks and artillery to infantry.
    5. You can move enemy POWs over any amount of land to get to a camp, but not over water.
    Capturing Air POWs
    1. If a bomber (not fighter) is shot down the bomber rolls a die, 1-3 the crew live and become a POW, 4-6 they die.
    Escaping
    1. You roll the same # of die as soldiers escaping 1-2 they escape! 3-4 they are sent back to the camp, and 5-6 they are shot.
    2.POWs can move 2 once they are escaped but CANNOT takeover territory.
    3. They remain POWs until they reach friendly territory.
    4. They may move through neutrals freely.
    5. if they stop in another enemy territory they roll a die 1-3 they stay in enemy territory, 4 they are sent back to the camp, 5-6 they are shot.
    6. If they reach friendly territory that is not their own, they turn into a soldier from that country.

Any suggestions?

• Oops forgot to add;
    new camps cost 3 IPCs.

• @Drumstix:

6. If they reach friendly territory that is not their own, they turn into a soldier from that country.

I don’t think I would make them switch nationalities. But the idea is nice (overall) … would add a new dimension to the game – that’s for sure!

@Guerrilla:

Oh… and the russian winter :lol:

Every “winter” (4 turn) the germans roll for every unit in caucusus, and Russia and keraila(possibly more) and every unit rolls 1d6 if a 2-1 that unit cannot move till spring (i’ll make it easy on em :wink: …)b

• I don’t think I would make them switch nationalities. But the idea is nice (overall) … would add a new dimension to the game – that’s for sure!

I think it could work in A&AE too, although Im not sure about Pacific.

Artillery get a free pre battle support shot. it acts just like battleship land bombard. all art. fire d6 with 1-2 as a hit. if hit a unit can fire back…

• What good would POWs do?

• They don’t really do to much, they can just escape and get back home, I’m just a great fan of The Great Escape. POWs don’t impact the game much they’re just a neat little rule.

• Just sounds like an extra complication to me

• make sure you get a good italian variation

also, i like the idea in which nutral countrys defend themselves. you might have to search for the post that mentions it

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m