Technology/ Weapons Developement….

• I know the rules specifically say no WD or tech for AAP and AAE but how many of you all use WD/Tech rules anyway? I do and find they speed the games up a lot.
    Questions comments…. Does anyone “cross over” rules- like adding artillery and destroyes to the original Axis and Allies (1942)?

• I don’t “cross over”, but i would like to. I love destroyers, and the artillery are fun too (but a bit underpriced considering that you can add 2 of them to a transport . . . should be 2 for 9 ipcs or something).

• Thanks for responding. Have you ever tried running AAE or AAP with WD?

• no, in fact, i rarely use them in A&A. I guess i could more, but it’s hard to see a time when i feel like it’s a good time.

• I don’t play AAE or AAP (as of yet anyways) and I’m with cc … I rarely use them in the orig. AA game (unless I’m desperate or just have extra money for some ODD reason).

• thanks for responding. WD in the world game is definitely a risk and one that doesn’t always payoff. It really does you no good to get super subs if you are palaying USSR IMHO. What we used todo is start out with one
    “free” WD rollm at the begining of the game just to spice it up. So you’d
    roll the dice and if you got a six then you’d roll to see what you got. banother time we assigned one WD to each power so USSR got Industrial
    technology, GB got jets etc. it made thew game more fun!

• Hey People, check out the first game betweem Kobu and Darth Maximus. notice how Kobu’s japan purchased bombers a few turns prior to rolling for tech. An important key to this strategy is to have Germany build a defense that can hold for a few turns. In any case once Japnan got the needed techs she was prepared to take advantage. The Allies became dust.

• In general, we don’t do too much WD in my games, except every once in a while after capturing a capital all the extra money (and sometimes all the regular income) goes to WD, resulting in one nation having 5 or 6 of the techs, which sometimes gets the other side to surrender right away, especially if the other side is axis. as for crossovers, sometimes we use rules from the newer games, but not usually the units.

• Thanks for responding! You say that your group doesn’t do much WD-
    have you ever tried free WD rolls? (i.e. you’d roll a die without putting down the $5. aand if you get a six then roll for the WD…) I’m really interested in what other folks do to enhance their games.

• @sherman28:

Thanks for responding! You say that your group doesn’t do much WD-
    have you ever tried free WD rolls? (i.e. you’d roll a die without putting down the $5. aand if you get a six then roll for the WD…)

No, we haven’t. I like the idea, but some of my friends might be against it. :)

• I’m not answering that poll b/c there is no “I use them more extensively and add my own techs so that there is thirty different techs”

• ok- well thanks for checking in anyway!

• i only tried tech in aae once and found that germany will end up never buying tech dice while the US will buy tech no stop because they dont have any thing better to do.

I always found it cheap to use tech any ways because look at heavy bombers, that can turn the tide of the war for any body, which is great for the person turning the tide but for the others it really sucks! But thats my opinion and if any one comes up with some mellow tech advances please share

thanx

• Thanks for responding-I have used them in AAE as well. We played that you didn’t have to pay the $5. You rolled and if you got a six then there you go. Germany ended up with supper subs… Unfotunately, the Atlantic became a German Pond!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m