First Impressions of Axis & Allies 1914

• Customizer

@DWoodchuck:

We played until my wife went into labor, so I only have five and a half rounds done. Things looked even. Without the option to knock out Russia, though, CP are in dire straits. We like it.

Now wish me luck. My wife is glaring at me for typing on my phone. 10 hours and counting…

Man, I feel your pain; I’m in the same boat. It’s hard having a baby and Axis & Allies 1914 on the way…I’ve gotten plenty of, “If you only cared about this or that as much as you care about that stupid game…”

Just ignore it.  :evil:

• Customizer

The chips are a problem. I’ve spent far too much time searching for the right kind, substituting others for shortages, mixing and exchanging chips to get the right colours.

Yes I can, and will, use my reserves of grey and red chips next time but I shouldn’t have to.

But as I’ve said before, there is nothing here that couldn’t be fixed with an upgrade pack. Only if the map were changed would it require the purchase of a complete 2nd Edition.

This would include, then:

A production chart/turn record tracker.

About 20-30 more 1 unit chips

About 10 more dice

Extra UK infantry

Extra German infantry

Maybe more German subs

Extra US transports

Extra UK transports

I can easily improvise all this from my games collection, but what about people new to Axis and Allies? It could put them off for life.

• Customizer

@ossel:

@DWoodchuck:

We played until my wife went into labor, so I only have five and a half rounds done. Things looked even. Without the option to knock out Russia, though, CP are in dire straits. We like it.

Now wish me luck. My wife is glaring at me for typing on my phone. 10 hours and counting…

Man, I feel your pain; I’m in the same boat. It’s hard having a baby and Axis & Allies 1914 on the way…I’ve gotten plenty of, “If you only cared about this or that as much as you care about that stupid game…”

I’d respond with " I know. I’ve really been neglecting my beer-drinking time."

• Customizer

Just marking this thread for future reference and study. Looks like a very interestng game.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

I’ve gotten used to HR with A&A so I’m not overly concerned with rule glitches. My concern is that the business model seems to be “Buy this edition or miss out.” So yes I’m buying this and probably two copies. I have all the games some multiple copies except AAE40 1st ed. and Guadal Canal. I was able to get P40 fist edition. The price jump in AA42SE scared the crap out of me. The reasoning behind it is that I feel like the price points on these games will make the series go further into a niche market. That being said I want to support the game. I just wish we would get a fully produced game from the start. I don’t see why there can’t be beginner, intermediate, and advanced level instructions with web supported for us nerds and hardcore tourney players.

• @toblerone77:

I’ve gotten used to HR with A&A so I’m not overly concerned with rule glitches. My concern is that the business model seems to be “Buy this edition or miss out.” So yes I’m buying this and probably two copies. I have all the games some multiple copies except AAE40 1st ed. and Guadal Canal. I was able to get P40 fist edition. The price jump in AA42SE scared the crap out of me. The reasoning behind it is that I feel like the price points on these games will make the series go further into a niche market. That being said I want to support the game. I just wish we would get a fully produced game from the start. I don’t see why there can’t be beginner, intermediate, and advanced level instructions with web supported for us nerds and hardcore tourney players.

P40 fist edition
    WHERE DO I GET THAT???

• Customizer

@BJCard:

@toblerone77:

P40 fist edition
    WHERE DO I GET THAT???

AAP40 Fi-R-st Edition is easily found for relatively inexpensive rates on Amazon

• @ossel:

@DWoodchuck:

lol My wife is just happy that I have a friend to play with and that its not her playing.

• Lol I forgot which thread it was but someone was saying that the extra dice are a selling point of this game and it turns out they are tiny dice. I feel like I am playing one of those travel games meant to be played in a car.

• Customizer

I like the diddy dice. But there needs to be more of them, and in 4 different colours.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m