LHoffman's Painted Sculpts For Your Consideration

• Customizer

Great stuff Lucas. Love the paint. How are your Eyes?
    As far as Paul’s comments about the pants, I always get asked if I want a diet coke when I specifically asked for just a Coke.
    I always ask the waiter if I look fat in my jeans.
    I am 35 pounds heavier than when I got out of the Marines and slowly fashioning a well rounded gut to emulate the first trimester.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@sgtwiltan:

Great stuff Lucas. Love the paint. How are your Eyes?
    As far as Paul’s comments about the pants, I always get asked if I want a diet coke when I specifically asked for just a Coke.
    I always ask the waiter if I look fat in my jeans.
    I am 35 pounds heavier than when I got out of the Marines and slowly fashioning a well rounded gut to emulate the first trimester.

My eyes? As in everything is so small…?

And does this mean your profile picture is not quite representative of your current state?

• Customizer

Yeah.
    I use reading glasses now when I work on the models. and sometimes that magnification isn’t enough.
    That pic was from 29 palms in 96

• Customizer

Wil,

@sgtwiltan:

Yeah.
    I use reading glasses now when I work on the models. and sometimes that magnification isn’t enough.
    That pic was from 29 palms in 96

––I know a little about what your talking about. I’ve been 6’-3" or 4" and 185 lbs. since I was about 14. I’ve only gained about 15 lbs. up to 200, but at my height it’s hardly noticeable. Although you may not be in Marine fighting trim, I’m sure you don’t have anything to be concerned about and can take care of any business that you need to. The only thing that’s really changed for me (so far) is that my hair is silver instead of black. At least it isn’t gray. I’m now 54 BTW.
    ----The pic below was on my 1st daylight train as a marked-up conductor on 11-11-2001.

“Tall Paul”

Paul-1.jpg

Good news. Aircraft are 99% done. All I need to do are a couple paint touchups on misc. planes and coat them with the sealant.

Once I do that, I will post a large number of pictures… none yet I am afraid. I expect them to be at your residence sometime next week.

Pictures will be up this afternoon. FYI

Paul’s Luftwaffe in standard splinter camo is complete.

HBG  Ju-52 Transport Aircraft

HBG  Do-17 Medium Bombers

OOB  He-111 Medium Bombers

These pictures were taken before the protective dullcoat was applied, so there is still a bit of a sheen from the decals. This has since dissipated.

HBG  Me-110 Tactical Bomber (Long Range Fighter)

HBG  Me-262 Jet Fighters

Same note as above on the tail decal.

HBG  Ju-488 Heavy Bomber

OOB  Ju-87 Tactical (Dive) Bombers

HBG  Fw-190 Fighters

• Customizer

Lucas,

Very Impressive Work!,
    ….Go WarMachine Team

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Lucas,

––WOW!  :-o

––While ALL of these German a/c look GREAT,…My favorites are the JU-52 air transports, closely followed by the

HE-111 medium bombers and JU-87 dive bombers.  :-D

----Your unique skill of minute detail painting is very evident on these a/c and makes the paint jobs really “pop”. It might only be the angle of the pic,…but unless I’m wrong the JU-52 transports didn’t seem to have the “cockpit framing” paint that you’re known for. Did I miss it?  :?

----IMHO the JU-52 air transports being the ONLY a/c having White coloring, (engine nacelles, fuselage stripe, and wingtips) and being the only a/c with wingtip coloring really sets them apart without making them garish or gaudy. The White wingtips are just enough to make them very evident to all players as to their special status (Paratroop Drops) and subliminally reminds players of the White parachutes that the on-board airborne troopers carry.

––The “Alpha” character classification that I asked you decal them with worked out great. IMHO these not only LOOK cool,….but will assist in players being able to quickly identify the different TYPES of a/c from a distance.
    ----All of the time and effort you put into decalling these a/c with the small letters/numbers is REALLY WORTH IT!

----Do you have any pics of the a/c that are more of a side view which would show their lettering better?

Summing up,…EXCELLENT WORK!

“Tall Paul”

@Tall:

but unless I’m wrong the JU-52 transports didn’t seem to have the “cockpit framing” paint that you’re known for. Did I miss it?  :?

No, you are not missing it; there is no framing on the Transports.

I did not put any on for a couple reasons; one being time, the other being space. Actually, it would not take long to put framing on, because all I would do is put two black lines on it. Because it was so simple, small and, really, negligible. However, if you want it, I will put it on.

I have a couple more pictures taken by my wonderful fiance that I will post in a second.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m