-A Painting Tutorial and Resource for A&A Global-

• Hey thanks man! I appreciate you responding. That’s funny, I was thinking about starting with the jap zero’s for that exact reason lol. Do you have any methods on how you go about painting camo? I haven’t really found any threads or youtube videos that show it being done by hand.

• @coedewa What specific questions about camo do you have?

Here is a process I provided earlier in the thread re: a German woodland camo for armor. I’ll reiterate that you want to go light to dark when applying colors.

The woodland camo is a 3 step process. First of all, I painted a dark khaki color, based off of a photograph or drawing. Then I painted a burnt sienna brown in stripes and an occasional “splotch”, to simulate the camo. Then I painted a dark forest green overlapping the brown, making sure to cover most of the piece. There are many different kinds of camo, but as a general rule, it looks better when it overlaps, when it’s not a predictable pattern (you don’t want parallel stripes running along the length of the piece :-)), and when you cover the entire piece, then paint details over it. This makes it look more authentic in my opinion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m