• I really don’t think this scenario is plausible, just take the vietnamese, they really don’t like the chinese, for now an alliance is unimaginable.

• just take the vietnamese, they really don’t like the chinese,

Heh… did seem like the case when I went there or over here… :-?

But I doubt of any war between the two countries. Next thing you know, you’ll probably want to invade Cuba…

• …or canada. :)

• The U.S. and PRC are like Rome and Carthage (respectively), in a race to control the global market and dominate militarily as well.

About the Korean war, Emu, your causalties are roughly 10 times too big.

It is true that the U.S. had a better military then, and it is true now.

BESIDES, the U.S. has it’s assets more strategically placed. Imagine China having 100,000 troops in Mexico, and A fleet docked at Vancouver and ABMDS in British Columbia. Plus several squadrons of aircraft in the Bahamas.

• @yourbuttocks:

The U.S. and PRC are like Rome and Carthage (respectively), in a race to control the global market and dominate militarily as well.

You know that in the end of Rome/Carthage the country, that was not dominating before the wars, that was more kind of a local superpower, won…… ;)

• The city with a more powerful military won, and that is how the victory was decided. The U.S. defiently has a military edge.

• @yourbuttocks:

The city with a more powerful military won, and that is how the victory was decided. The U.S. defiently has a military edge.

The city with the better navy and better economy lost…

that’s two reasons for the US to go down :P :)

• “I defend the Good God against the idea of a continuous game of dice.” -Albert Einstein

Sure that Einstein said “Good God”?

• I totally agree with city on a hill. The question of winning a nuclear war is good though. I think there are too many possible scenarios of a nuclear war to be sure. But I do no one thing. If this country was to be attacked by nukes, I’d want whoever did it to get the same thing. It’s called defending yourself. I don’t believe in sitting back and letting someone beat me up. I think the PRC is just waiting for a chance to start a war. In my opinion, they’ve been a little bit too quiet for comfort. Like when a child is quiet, you know trouble is brewing. Same idea. If we intervene with North Korea, China will use that as its excuse. We just need to be ready.

• so if it is too loud American’s get nervous, and if the country is too quiet then American’s get nervous. When are Americans not nervous?

• Hmmm, good question…

maybe they try keep themselves less nervous by ignoring disturbing things?

• in anaesthesia we refer to that as “conscious sedation”.

• First falk, Rome did have a better navy. It was largely a Roman “feel good” idea that they built this powerful navy out of nothing.

Carthage had a lot of ships, but many of them were not military and the average quality of their military ships and sailors was lower than Rome. Also, consider that at that time the navy was mostly armies on rafts, thus the army was part of the navy. Plus, Rome was supported by allie’s ships. (Like how the U.S. has support of the S. Korean, British, Taiwanese Navies) Finally, the Romans had experience hunting down pirates, and the Carthegenians were baisically pirates.

But to get back to the PRC, when it comes to Navy, we outnumber and outclass them. The main Chinese strategy in dealing with our navy is balistic missiles. Godd luck taking out submarines with cruise missiles.

Second, I got the Einstein quote froma quote thing. I am sure it included “Good” as I pasted it.

• china has the only super sonic terpidos

• GeZe,

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think anything underwater has moved at super sonic speeds yet. Especially things made in China. 8)

• i think there are americans who are nervous because of noise, americans who are nervous because of silence, and those who are nervous because of both. i’m not nervous, more like wary. i think a lot of every day life can be applied to world affairs. for example, my elementary school experience (forgive any naivete that may come across). the bullies that picked on me were one of two types. those who were loud mouths, and those who “flew below the radar.” the big mouths were more likely to get in trouble with the teachers and were being watched more closely. eventually they could not pick on me anymore. the ones who were subtle had fairly good reps with the teacher, so they got away with bullying.

my warning is to watch out for the subtle bullies. don’t be anxious and jump at every shadow. that’s dumb. like crying wolf. no one will believe you after a while.

• @city:

GeZe,

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think anything underwater has moved at super sonic speeds yet. Especially things made in China. 8)

City on a Hill,

it is clear you dont read scientific american.(magizine)

• @yourbuttocks:

First falk, Rome did have a better navy. It was largely a Roman “feel good” idea that they built this powerful navy out of nothing.

Carthage had a lot of ships, but many of them were not military and the average quality of their military ships and sailors was lower than Rome. Also, consider that at that time the navy was mostly armies on rafts, thus the army was part of the navy. Plus, Rome was supported by allie’s ships. (Like how the U.S. has support of the S. Korean, British, Taiwanese Navies) Finally, the Romans had experience hunting down pirates, and the Carthegenians were baisically pirates.

I have no idea where you got that from, but it contradics anything that you can find over here.
    Before the first punic war, Rome had no navy. They then captured a stranded carthagan galley, took it apart, and rebuilt lots of them, inventing the “raven” to turn sea-battles into land battles. So, Rome turned it into “army on rafts”, but before it was ramming and/or setting enemies ships on fire.
    The carthagians where the sea-traders of that time, not pirates. They had military vessels/ a great navy to support that trade.

What you talk of is the situation before the second or third punic war. But: Did the USA and the PRC go to war for a first time already? ;)

• Yes, during the Korean War when the Chinese took staggering losses with the North Koreans.

• wernt they helping the north vetnamies?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m