Historical Boardgames sponsored BATTLE OF THE AGES Tournament

• Speaking of losses:
    Narushima (evil) concedes to P@nther (good) at round 7 of LotR.

• AmorphousCube (Allies) surrenders to Funcioneta (Central Powers) in round 19 of “The Great War”

• Customizer

Round 4 is done.  Only 1 game is outstanding and one of the two players in it is MIA so he is getting a loss most likely.

I’d like to post round 6, but I have to wait for 2.6.3 version of TWW to be released.  It was going to be released two or three weeks ago, so I’m not sure where it stands right now or what is left to be done, but I’m sure it will be released very soon regardless.

• I may have to drop TWW

In 10 days I’ll be going to Europe for two weeks, so unless my opponent is willing to wait for me to get back, I’ll have to drop.

• Customizer

rolling for randomizing of brackets:

high middle bracket:
    :dice 1@6:
    :dice 1@5:
    :dice 1@4:
    :dice 1@3:
    :dice 1@2:

middle bracket:

low bracket

• Customizer

rolling for randomizing of brackets:

high middle bracket:
    DiceRolling 1d6:
    (1)  
    DiceRolling 1d5:
    (2)  
    DiceRolling 1d4:
    (4)  
    DiceRolling 1d3:
    (2)  
    DiceRolling 1d2:
    (2)

middle bracket:
    DiceRolling 1d6:
    (6)  
    DiceRolling 1d5:
    (5)  
    DiceRolling 1d4:
    (2)  
    DiceRolling 1d3:
    (1)  
    DiceRolling 1d2:
    (1)

low bracket
    DiceRolling 1d6:
    (5)  
    DiceRolling 1d5:
    (4)  
    DiceRolling 1d4:
    (1)  
    DiceRolling 1d3:
    (1)  
    DiceRolling 1d2:
    (1)

• Customizer

Round 6 match-ups, for “TOTAL WORLD WAR”

this is the last round, and therefore includes the Title Fight for first place: Ajmdemen vs Admetus

for this round, you are REQUIRED to use TripleA 1.6.1.4,
    and you are also required to use Total World War Tournament Edition (version 2.7.2)

You can download TWW here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/maps/Total_World_War.zip

TWW was recently updated a few days ago, so you MUST update your copy of it.

Ajmdemen
    vs
    Admetus

soulfein
    vs
    lalapalooza

DeadTom
    vs
    Make_It_Round

Gekkepop
    vs
    Bacala

ice
    vs
    Veqryn

pug6000
    vs
    Wassmuss

Hepps01
    vs
    wirkey

Funcioneta
    vs
    Noll

Narushima
    vs
    Most Holy

AmorphousCube
    vs
    SantaClaus2

The following 5 people may be dropping, so message me if you are not?
    kabloom
    Nothing to see here
    moilami
    P@nther
    alexgreat

• Customizer

Total World War Tournament Edition is a large map with relatively complex rules.

To avoid confusion, here is a brief introduction and the rules for this tournament round:

TWW does not come with TripleA, therefore you must download it.
    You can download it from inside triplea, or you can download it manually here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/maps/Total_World_War.zip

TWW comes with 2 games within it: “Tournament Edition” (version 2.7.2) and “December 1941” (version 2.7.3)
    Obviously we are going to use ONLY the Tournament Edition, version 2.7.2 for this round.

TripleA 1.7.0.1 recently came out, but it is a “beta” release and contains some bugs (including a serious one that will impact TWW). 
    Therefore, for this round everyone MUST use version 1.6.1.4 of TripleA, or if you wait 2-4 weeks you can use the future 1.7.0.3 that I haven’t released yet.  Anyway, just don’t use 1.7.0.1 for the tournament game.

Default rules:
    If you have an agreement with your opponent, you can override the below rules.
    Politics should be off.
    NoNotifications, ShareTechnology, DeclareWarOnly, BonusTechnology, and NoTechnology should all NOT be used

After you download TWW, there is a PDF manual inside of the zip folder.
    I highly recommend you copy and paste it to your desktop and then read it.
    Alternatively, you can download it here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/rules/TotalWorldWarManual.pdf

tww.jpg
    HBG_BotA_tournament_triplea_2013_may_14.zip

• Customizer

TripleA 1.7.0.3 Stable has come out,

I recommend using it to start any new games:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31221.0

• @SantaClaus:

I may have to drop TWW

In 10 days I’ll be going to Europe for two weeks, so unless my opponent is willing to wait for me to get back, I’ll have to drop.

OK. I’m back from Europe now, so since the pairings haven’t been posted yet, I’ll be able to play. :-)

• Customizer

Santa, look above, round 6 matchups already posted and you are included.

2 clarifications for everyone about TWW:

Now that TripleA 1.7.0.3 is out, I hope everyone can use this for the last round.  Also, please update your TWW map to whatever is the latest version, and then use the “tournament” version of TWW.

Secondly, a clarification about the 4 “neutral” nations:
    You should be playing with politics off for the tourney, therefore brazil, spain, turkey, and sweden, will never be a part of the game at all. 
    With politics off, you can not declare war on them, and you can not change them to be allied to you. 
    Since they will never be part of the game, it doesn’t matter what happens during their turn: you could just skip through their turn completely.

IF you are playing with politics on, then since that is something you agreed with your opponent then you should agree also on how they are handled.  You could have the AI do their thing in a local mode, or you could have them just buy max infantry every turn then if they get attacked the opposing power (to the attacker) controls them.  Up to you.

• '18 '16

Bacala surrendered against Gekkepop

• Bacala basically gave up the game since he didn’t understand the map, so if there’s anyone still standing by I wouldn’t mind a new opponent.

• Pug (Axis) vs Wassmuss (Allies).

Allies won the game.

• Customizer

wass can you post the gamesave please?

• 5th round (Middle Earth):

Funcioneta (Free People) defeats Amorphous Cube (Sauron forces)

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31183.new#new

By the way: Noll, we must start our 6th round game. PM me when you’re ready

• …well, I’m not even in this tournament, but I looked at TWW and man, that’s an awesome map. Can’t even imagine how much time it took creating it^^. If “Risk to A+A” is one step up, “A+A to TWW” is at least one more step in awesomeness.

If anyone drops out and you need an opponent, you can count me in as a reserve player.

• I’ll play you Gully, but not sure if it will count for the tournament.

• Customizer

Ok, here is your monthly update:

Round 5 is almost done.  Only a few players haven’t yet finished, and some of those I suspect are dropping due to going MIA.

Secondly, I wish to re-iterate that ROUND 6 (Total World War) is an OPTIONAL round for everyone (except for Admetus and Amjdemen, who are using it as a tie breaker for 1st place title).

Therefore, in order to claim your prize, you only need to finish the first 5 rounds.

I will give 1 more month of time to finish all your round 5 (and previous rounds) games.  If no significant progress by then I will either list you as a dropper, or rule on the game.

If you have finished all of the first 5 rounds, please private message me your email address (the email address you used to register on HBG’s website), and I will collect them in order to forward to coachofmany so that he can give out the prizes once the tournament is finished.
    Historical Board Gaming website: http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/

The following people have yet to finish their round 5 games:
    Veqryn
    Deadtom
    Hepps01
    Noll
    Nothing to see here
    moilami
    kabloom

I do really hope that everyone will play the round 6 map, or at least give it a try.
    Even after this tournament is over, I will continue to update the results so long as people are still playing their tourney games.

HBG_BotA_tournament_triplea_2013_june_28.zip

• Hi Veq,

I finished this tourney a couple of months ago, still haven’t received any HBG credits…

What’s happening on that front?

I don’t mind playing games for free, but naturally would like the prizes, since they were promised.

Please let me know,

M_I_R

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m