• Otherwise, japan takes india and and dutch islands for a turn, and has enough air/navy to prevent you from moving too close.  If you dont start putting money in the atlantic by turn 5(even then its tricky), germany will easily have russia and be getting rdy for sealion.

• TripleA

I usually DOW J1, so if usa is not going full pacific, it is pretty much a free win.

• As USA I’m a strong believer in:

Bombers, Bombers and Bombers.

1. You can relocate them easily.
    2. Japan will have a lot of problems splitting his fleet.
    3. If Germany built a Navy, it would not last much. Same with Italy.

Bombers cost 12. Bombers can attack land and sea. Bombers can IC bombard. Bombers have attack 4.
    Compare them to a cruiser now.

Bombers can change a 90% battle to a 40%/30% battle, letting you hold India or Russia one more turn.

• TripleA

Japan usually just brings everything south for the first 5 rounds till he busts calcutta. usually if you want to get anywhere against japan you have to park a big fleet on japan sea zone or have some kind of fleet to contest dutch islands.

Usually the Europe half is cut n dry. I either go barb and don’t really pay much attention to anything, just make sure germany/italy is safe and that is it lol. America can’t do jack, uk can’t do jack, so w/e.

Everything needed to take russia is already bought in the first 5 rounds, the allies got nothing.

• @Noll:

As USA I’m a strong believer in:

Bombers, Bombers and Bombers.

1. You can relocate them easily.
    2. Japan will have a lot of problems splitting his fleet.
    3. If Germany built a Navy, it would not last much. Same with Italy.

Bombers cost 12. Bombers can attack land and sea. Bombers can IC bombard. Bombers have attack 4.
    Compare them to a cruiser now.

Bombers can change a 90% battle to a 40%/30% battle, letting you hold India or Russia one more turn.

Strongly agree.

• TripleA

I am more of a carrier fighter guy. best bang for the buck in defense… in fact it costs more to kill it than it does to produce it.

• The starting carriers that Japan has, definitely makes them one of my favorite countries to play. As the United States, I try to match the number of carriers Japan has.

• @Cow:

I am more of a carrier fighter guy. best bang for the buck in defense… in fact it costs more to kill it than it does to produce it.

Carrier 16 fighters 20 = 36

2 ss 12 and 2bmb 24 = 36

and 2@2 is better than 1@2 and 2 hits

• @Noll:

@Cow:

Carrier 16 fighters 20 = 36

2 ss 12 and 2bmb 24 = 36

and 2@2 is better than 1@2 and 2 hits

He said defense.

so technically it is 1/1/1/1 vs 4/4/2 +soaker

(even though in reality that wouldn’t make sense, i know that)

About the cost to kill it, you have a point though

• TripleA

did you calculate 2 subs 2 bomber vs carrier 2 fighter? Defender still wins since subs cant hit air and you would expect 1 hit with the sub on the first round leaving the carrier to die to bombers and then the fighters kill the bombers.

sure I guess it is a win if subs linger and fighters crash n burn. plus the sub bomber thing means you are losing transports everytime you need to take back an island.

• If you’re not usind DDs I will send subs alone.

Islands and frasport are not my concern. Anzac will take care of it. And if you dare to split your fleet to take back islands, you’re doomed to be sunk. Usa doesnt need to hold the position in neither pac nor atl if you can sink anything that leaves tokyo bay. Also remember you can easily relocate bombers and that you can use them on land.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m