• Unless I am missing something, there is no clause for owning your own capitols in order to win.

• So in theory if Russia capture Germany but Japan takes Russia out the same round, the Allies still win at the end of Japans turn (short game rules)?

• Or, playing for standard victory, if England captures Germany, but Germany occupies Russia and Japan captures USA, This is an Axis victory?

Is this correct?

@Krieghund:

@P@nther:

So the

Soviet-Japanese Non-aggression Pact: Neither the Soviet Union nor Japan may
    attack territories controlled by the other until either Germany or Russia has
    been captured by an enemy power.

did not make it to the official FAQ obviously.

Nope.  Larry decided it was too much complication for an introductory game.

That might have been an interesting optional rule.  New players typically skip optional rules, so I think that would have been okay.

Would such a rule mitigate the Axis advantage, or even shift the balance to the favour the Allies?

• Official Q&A

@zooooma:

Unless I am missing something, there is no clause for owning your own capitols in order to win.

• So in theory if Russia capture Germany but Japan takes Russia out the same round, the Allies still win at the end of Japans turn (short game rules)?

• Or, playing for standard victory, if England captures Germany, but Germany occupies Russia and Japan captures USA, This is an Axis victory?

Is this correct?

Yes.

• Thanks!

• Didn’t want to open a new thread, so I’ll put it here

The setup in the “rules and downloads” section -8https://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/axis-allies-1941-setup-chart/) for this version is wrong (according to this picture of the backside of the rules on BGG https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1336978/axis-allies-1941?size=original)

Western Europe has 2 Inf
    England has no tank but a bomber
    Szechwan has 2 Inf

and the revised setup is not mentioned, maybe makes sense to do so

• B barnee referenced this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m