• Ahhh… I tend to go with Pacific heavy (a modified Jen plan) for the first three rounds, then throttle back in the Pacific, spending 2/3 in the Atlantic for the rest of the game, to ease the pain on Russia. I’m interested in seeing your Pacific heavy Allied play… we should play a game!  :-)

Although I don’t like the prospects for Japan in such a game, I do like them for the European Axis.

• TripleA

But I want to be axis and win in the pacific @_@. I got to play a tournament game as allies, why would I want to play allies in a casual game right now.

If you log on the triple a lobby and host a game, sure I take the side that is given to me.

• I think you have to go pretty much 100% Europe with the USA, because we have been finding that with the new setup in our games that the Axis can grab 8 VC and win in 6 rounds if everyone jumps on Russia and Italy can hold its own in the med and Africa(which they can if they move quick enough and have some German help).  4 games so far with the Alpha 3 set up, 3 axis victories(2 in 6 rounds and one in 12 that was a total fight, but that was our first one), and 1 allied victory(in 14 rounds). We play a lot by computer so its easy to save and come back to a game when we need to walk away, but its rough on the allied players if Russia can’t hold the line and the UK has no fleet.

• TripleA

says the guy that gets armor units for russia. infantry attack better. 6 inf better attack than 3 tank.

• @MadPup77:

You don’t have to wait a turn to hit Japan. You place them, next turn they’re in SZ 6. You place them in SZ 10, next turn Hawaii, next turn SZ 6.

-MadPup77

If you put a NB in Alaska, they can move in 1 turn into SZ 6, via SZ 8 and SZ 7.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m