"Tall Paul's" ITALIAN units, detailed & painted by the "WARMACHINE Team"

• Customizer

Knp7765 and Others,

@knp7765:

Those ICs do look fantastic. Especially impressed with the little American flag on the side. Very realistic and detailed.

Thanks for the compliments, I’ll pass them on. And you’ll notice that American flag is a
    48-star one, correct for WW2.

You make several excellent points as to why anyone would want
    country-specific I.C.'s for their A&A games. The best thing I can say is to list my preferences:

1. I’m a detail freak, of sorts.

2. I prefer the 3-D representations of items rather than the much-hated
    cardboard cr*p.

3. I’m having several extra Major, and Minor I.C.'s painted for each country,
    and even some that will be “generic” without any country’s insignia on them.

4. I’ve found that players derive a certain “satisfaction” from replacing one of his enemies’ I.C.'s with one having his OWN FLAG on it after conquering it.

5. With all of my Infantry units having their national insignia already painted
    on their bases and my I.C.'s also having their own national insignia, I
    believe that I can do away with MOST of the country ownership
    markers
    . IMHO, these tend to get in the way sometimes and unecessarily clutter
    up the map board, even though my map has been enlarged 150% to
    48" x 108".

6. Sometimes in our games each player might be playing SEVERAL major
    countries at the same time, so having the game board clearly marked is a
    real help and a time-saver, too.

7. My Dad, who is 87 and a WW2 veteran, regularly plays A&A with us and I’m sure he appreciates everything being very obvious.

I would say your comments are all completely correct, but not what I prefer.
    I also think everything being “labelled” looks so much better, too.

I appreciate and welcome your continued opinions. Thanks again.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

FMG Jeremy,

You know, it might be better, as far as increasing interest and/or boosting your sales are concerned, if you had a running update on these units, that were also conveniently included together in a feature. What I mean by a “running update” is simply a pic and description of newly painted units as they are completed.

Whatever you’d care to do is pretty much OK with me. Like I said, I’m very appreciative of FMG’s and HBG’s efforts in making these new units. Thanks Again.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Hey Lozmoid and Others,

I’ve finalized the paint scheme on the Major and Minor I.C.'s. I deleted the windows and doors from them like you had mentioned(and I agreed) along with a couple of other little changes. So they’re now “in production” and should be ready before long. Just thought I’d let you know and Thank you for you opinion.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Jeremy,

I’ve just received some “finished” pics of the FMG Italian Rifle Infantry in the Desert scheme from “Allworkandnoclay”. He also included some high-quality(6.5 MB) pics just for you. I hope you like them. Let me know how/where to send them to you as they’re of course too large of files to post here on A&A.Org. Enjoy.

“Tall Paul”

fmg_italy_inf1small.jpg

• Customizer

Lozmoid and Others,

Here’s a link to the pics of my finished Major Factories. I appreciated your opinions on their painting which meshed exactly with mine. Check them out.

“Tall Paul”

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26834.0

• TripleA '12

Thanks for that, Tall Paul. Well, what can I say? Those Major Industrial Complexes are pretty much perfect! Very nice indeed.  :-)

• Customizer

Here’s a close-up of the “finished” FMG Italian Infantry. I hope you enjoy them.

“Tall Paul”

fmg_italy_inf2small.jpg

• TripleA '12

Very nice. I take it these are the Italian ‘rifle’ Infantry then? (I mention this becasue the FMG Italian CU set comes with two types of Infantry) If so, will you be getting the ‘smg’ Infantry painted as well? Thanks.

• Customizer

Lozmoid,

Yes, you are correct. I should have mentioned this. I’m using the FMG “Rifle” Infantry as my standard Italian Infantry unit.

I’m planning to use the FMG Italian Sub-Machine Gun Infantry for some
    Italian “Special Forces” units. They will be painted in the scheme like the
    units pictured below. These are only examples of the paint scheme,…NOT finished units!

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Lozmoid and Others,

Here’s the paint scheme that the Italian “Special Forces” units will be painted in.
    We will use the FMG SMG Infantry when we get around to painting them.

“Tall Paul”

italy_inf_camo2.jpg

• '10

The detail is amazing.  Thank you for sharing these…  can’t wait to see more.

• Customizer

IL,

Thanks for your moving this thread to the “customizations” area.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––When I originally started this project about 2-3 years ago the default national ensign(roundel) for Italy on the OOB gameboard was incorrect in that it mistakenly reversed the Red and Green colors. So when Field Marshall Games produced their Italian Infantry I decided to use the incorrect(default) map colors when my units were painted to reduce any confusion because of the different color scheme. Since that time,….second edition of 1940-global came out, as well as Global Warfare-1939 that both have the correct roundels. So I decded that my Italian Rifle Infantry_desert scheme needed to have their bases re-painted with the CORRECT roundels, too. Here they are below. Enjoy! (again, haha)

Tall Paul

Infantry, Rifle Italy_Desert01.jpg
    Infantry, Rifle Italy_Desert02.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are a couple of “In-Process” pics of the Italian P.108 heavy bomber_desert scheme. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Heavy Italy_desert01.jpg
    Bomber, Heavy Italy_desert02.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

These are awesome! I haven’t seen many Italian units painted, and this is the first time I’ve seen this camo scheme.

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are some “In-Process” pics of the Italian Breda BA.65 (Bomber, Dive)_Desert scheme.
    You’ll obviously note the absence of squadron and nationality markings. When I changed from the incorrect Italian roundel to the “corrected” version I neglected to locate and order some replacement decals of the proper type. Our normal decal supplier I-94 Enterprises doesn’t have what we need.

**Does anyone know of a source for Italian roundel decals with Red circles, then White w/Green “dots”?

There will be more of these Italian Desert scheme aircraft soon. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Dive Italy_Desert-x01.jpg**

Does I 94 not have decals in the correct roundel for your bombers?

I noticed this is painted on, and you usually have decals on your planes.

• Customizer

John and others,

@John:

––Both “Allworkandnoclay” and I are now both very familiar with I-94 Enterprises decals and what they offer. I’m sad to say that they DO NOT have the “corrected” decals I need. Thanks anyway.

––I know there are about 4 or 5 other decal companies with decals appropriately sized for A&A. Can anyone give some advice, company names, or web-site addresses? Thanks in advance.

Tall Paul

@Tall:

John and others,

@John:

––Both “Allworkandnoclay” and I are now both very familiar with I-94 Enterprises decals and what they offer. I’m sad to say that they DO NOT have the “correct” decals I need. Thanks anyway.
    I know there are about 4 or 5 other decal companies with decals appropriately sized for A&A. Can anyone give some advice, company names, or web-site addresses? Thanks in advance.

Tall Paul

Wow, I didn’t know I 94 didn’t have the corrected Italian roundel. That is too bad. :-(

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s some **“In-Process”**pics of the Italian Air Force:
    ––SM.79 (Bomber, Medium)_Desert scheme
    ––BR.20 (Air Transport)_Desert scheme

Enjoy!
    Tall Paul

Bomber, Medium Italian_Desert-x01.jpg
    Air Transport Italy_Desert-x01.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users