"Tall Paul's" U.S. Navy / U.S. MARINES, painted by the "WARMACHINE TEAM"

• Customizer

Some excellent works of art you have Paul!  Must look grand in a gaming session.

• Customizer

Why thank you, “V”. I appreciate that. But there are a lot of A&A painters(such as yourself) with “works of art” as you say. I haven’t been very active here on A&A.org for a while and noticed that there were some new “areas”. Always good to hear from you, “V”.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––I recently received several U.S. Marine Stuart light and Sherman medium tanks that Will has modified/detailed and Lucas painted/decalled. I think that they both did a Great Job! Until I can find some time to take some additional pics myself,….I’ll share some that Lucas took.
    ----Let’s start out with the USMC Stuarts. Notice the blackish-green camo stripes on the overall o.d. green:

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7774_zpsbe36443b.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here’s a close-up of the U.S. Marine ‘Flamethrower’ Sherman medium tanks.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7780_zps6ec0d355.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s another pic of the “Flamethrower” Shermans that Lucas took. This angle shows the 48-star flags on the rear decks used for national identity purposes well.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7775_zps6220c837.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are some pics of my F-4F Wildcats in three(3) different paint schemes:
    1.) U.S. Navy, early-war with red/white rudder stripes and red “dots” in the stars and white #s.
    2.) U.S. Navy, intermediate, with white #s.
    3.) U.S. Marine Corps, with black #s.
    ––The units themselves are from the A&A-Guadalcanal game and as although they are listed as “Hellcats”, I’m using them as “Wildcats” since they look much more like an F-4F than an F-6F. I will be buying my Hellcats from
    Field Marshal Games whenever they’re able to produce them. I remember seeing their excellent F-6F Hellcat sculpt a year or so ago.

––Lucas took these first pics as well as painting/decalling them. I think he did an Excellent Job! Enjoy.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7629_zps4a74d70e.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are some pics and models that the “U.S. Navy-Early scheme” Wildcats were based on.

“Tall Paul”

407664F4F_3_1942.jpg

• '14 '13

Damn, all these pics are amazing.

• Customizer

Jluna and Others,

@jluna1273:

Damn, all these pics are amazing.

––Thanks for your compliment and let me add that I couldn’t agree more!  :-D
    ----Let me say right now, that ALL of the talent that went into painting and decalling these U.S. Navy / Marine aircraft belongs to Lucas Hoffman, a.k.a. “LHoffman” here on A&A.Org. I think he does an exceptional job, myself. Usually about half of the units you’ll see our ‘gang’ complete will have been modified/detailed by Wil Tan before Lucas gets them for painting.
    ––My contribution to this huge project is to determine the units and paint schemes that I want, buy all of the supplies, etc., and then try to not go crazy with anticipation as they are shipped/modified/detailed/shipped/painted/decalled/and then shipped again. The “not going crazy” part is fairly difficult, at least for me, haha.  :-D
    ----Our ‘gang’,…the**“WarMachine Team”**, has 3 (three) extremely talented guys working on the units themselves, just reference message #1 of this thread for more info.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s another pic that Lucas used as a reference in painting the Wildcats.

“Tall Paul”

f4f-4-wildcat-vf-3-uss-lexington-1-72-easy-models-die-cast-aircraft-37246.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––All of the previous posts have dealt with Wildcats painted in the “U.S. Navy-early” scheme.
    ----Here are some pics of Wildcats in the “U.S. Navy-intermediate” scheme and “U.S. Marine Corps-Guadalcanal” scheme. These pics were also taken by Lucas.

“Tall Paul”

----Hmmm, sorry guys. The site says my pics have the wrong type of file extension to be posted. I’ll get it figured out and post them soon. They are pics of Carriers, Battleships, Navy and Marine Wildcats all on the game board at Guadalcanal.

• Customizer

Pure awesome.  Heyo Tall - glad to see things are rolling.  I’m mobile at the moment so haven’t been able to do any painting…

• Customizer

V.I.P.-“V”,

––It’s always great to hear from you, and thanks for the compliments. The talents these guys prove with every unit certainly deserve the plaudits. And yes, I too am glad that we’re back to work producing some more stuff after a temporary intrusion of some of those 4-letter words,…like life, work, wife, etc.  :-D

----“V”, I’ll catch up with you a little later, my friend.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Lucas,

––I’m still unable to post those two pics you took of the F-4F Wildcats, Battleship and Carriers around Guadalcanal. If you wouldn’t mind doing so I’d appreciate it if you’d post them here on my U.S. Navy/Marines thread. They show off your painting skills really well and show both the U.S. Marine and U.S. Navy schemes. Thanks, Buddy.

“Tall Paul”

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Here are those Guadalcanal pics you were looking for Paul:

• Customizer

God I’m so jealous!!!
    I’ll have pics up soon from the WaffenFabrik to update Paul’s German and my own Threads.
    No wonder Paul has been so enthusiastic about me getting on with the warships.
    I work in batches and creative flows so It’s hard for me to jump around but now it seems that there is impetus for some Pacific units.
    I’ll have the revised Howitzers on the production line so you can have them to go along with those gorgeous units.
    If you liked the originals, you’ll love these new ones since they have at least 8 more detail points that Lucas can accentuate.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Ships are my favorites!

• Customizer

Lucas,

––Thanks for posting the pics. You do such impressive work, especially with the tiniest of painting details. Although I know you to be a very humble person,…I feel you deserve the limelight that your talents so richly deserve.
    ----And these pics show the differences so well between the “U.S. Marine-Guadalcanal” and the U.S. Navy-Intermediate schemes. Like the black numbers and gunpowder smudges on the wings of the Marines. Well, I gotta run. I’ll be back latter.

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor

Hey Tall Paul,

What is the warmachine? Is it a club or group of painters? From what I can see there is allworkandnoclay, Lucus, Paul, LHoffman, and yourself. Does everyone have an account here on A&A.org?

All this work is incredible, I’m totally floored.

• Customizer

YG,

@Young:

Hey Tall Paul,
    What is the warmachine? Is it a club or group of painters? From what I can see there is allworkandnoclay, Lucus, Paul, LHoffman, and yourself. Does everyone have an account here on A&A.org?
    All this work is incredible, I’m totally floored.

––Well, I guess the best way to answer that question is to describe us as a group of “Deeply Infected A&A fans” that enjoy painted and/or modified A&A units. Or, another way to answer that is that it’s a conspiracy to try and Bankrupt me!  :-D
    ––One day while I was in the midst of talking with Wil Tan about modifications to some ships and had posted some pics,…another accomplished A&A painter, “Viracoacha”, commented that we sounded like we had a real war machine in the works. I liked his description and adopted it as the name for our ‘gang’ of detailers/painters. Thus, the WarMachine Team was born.
    ––Our ‘gang’ consists of:
    Chad Coffman,…a.k.a. “Allworkandnoclay” http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16956.0
    Wil Tan,…a.k.a. “SgtWilTan”… http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28013.0
    Lucas Hoffman,…a.k.a “LHoffman”… http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28579.0
    Paul Harwell,…a.k.a. “Tall Paul”… http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29550.0

----And YES, all of the guys have their own threads here on A&A.Org and I encourage you to check them out.
    I’ve listed the links to their threads for you above following their names.

––I hope I’ve answered your question(s) and truly encourage you to “check-out” the guys threads so as to keep up with their latest work. IMHO Wil Tan is a MASTER at modifying units to EXACTLY represent specific models/types of units, like the 3(three) versions of (HBG)Stuart light tanks he has already done. And Lucas has such a MAGNIFICENT talent for accomplishing the tiniest of details! Most of the time when I check out an actual unit he’s painted,…I have to use a magnifying glass to appreciate it.

----I’m looking forward to next year’s HBG gaming convention in Oklahoma and really planning on attending if it’s at all possible for me to do so. I’m trying to get as many modified/painted A&A units as possible done so we can all meet and have a real war with them. This would be the FIRST TIME any of these modified/painted units will have been used in a game and I’m very much looking forward to it. I hope YOU might also attend and play with/against our ‘gang’. It will be great to meet and play with/against all of the guys I’ve met here on A&A.Org. As I sometimes say,….

"What Do Ya’ll Think?
    “Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m