"Tall Paul's" U.S. Navy / U.S. MARINES, painted by the "WARMACHINE TEAM"

• Customizer

Fellow A&A Gamers,

––This thread will eventually contain ALL of my U.S. Navy / U. S. Marine units that I’ve had detailed and painted by the “WARMACHINE TEAM”.

––So far the list includes:

AMERICA

UNITED STATES NAVY
    U.S. Navy Ships
    ––APD (Sea Transport, Fast)…Green Dragon scheme…(Starting at message #36)
    U.S. Navy Aircraft
    ––F-4F “Wildcat” (Fighter, Naval, Early)…Early War scheme w/Red & White rudders…(Starting at message #17)
    ––F-4F “Wildcat” (Fighter, Naval, Early)…Intermediate scheme…(Starting at message #22)

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
    U.S. Marine Infantry
    ––U.S. Marines…(Starting at message #1)
    U.S. Marine “Special Forces”
    ––U.S. Marine Raiders…(Starting at message #4)
    ––U.S. Marine Parachute Raiders…(Starting at message #7)
    U.S. Marine Artillery
    ––105, towed
    U.S. Marine Armored Vehicles
    ––M-3 “Stuart” (Tank, Light)…Marine Camo scheme…(Starting at message #14)
    ––M-4 “Sherman” (Tank, Medium)…Marine Camo scheme…(Starting at message #15)
    U.S. Marine Aircraft
    ––F-4F “Wildcat” (Fighter, Naval, Early)…Guadalcanal scheme…(Starting at message #22)

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is in answer to many questions and in an effort to simplify I’ve started this thread.

The U.S. Marine “grunts” and U.S. Marine Raiders are based on the Marines w/Thompson m.g.'s from HBG’s U.S. Marines Set.

The U.S. ParaMarine Raiders, also known as “Chutes”, are based on the Paratroopers from HBG’s U.S. Supplement Set.

Questions and/or comments are requested. I hope you enjoy.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Here’s the graphics for the Marine logo painted on bases of all the “grunts”.

• Customizer

Here’s the U.S. Marine “grunts” from the front.

marines1-1.JPG

• Customizer

And the from the back.

usmarines2.jpg

• Customizer

Here’s the graphics of the U.S. Marine Raiders shoulder patch painted on their bases.

MARINERAIDERS.png

• Customizer

And here are the U.S. Marine Raiders from the front. Notice the “head-to-toe” camo of the Raiders compared to the helmet-only camo of the regular “grunts”.

usraiders1.jpg

• Customizer

And from the back.

usraiders2.jpg

• Customizer

Here’s the graphics of the ParaMarine Raiders shoulder patch painted on their bases.

175px-1st_Marine_Parachute_Regiment_svg.png

• Customizer

And here are the ParaMarine Raiders from the front.

marineairforce1.jpg

• Customizer

And from the back.

marineairforce2.jpg

• '10

WOW!!!  They look AMAZING!!  Thank you for sharing!

….now if only my set looked like that.

• Customizer

Thanks Jeremy,

Although I’ve never met or spoken with you I’ve heard your name here on this wonderful forum for quite a while. I trust it’s OK to use it.

I couldn’t agree more concerning “Allworkandnoclay’s” painting talent. His work is simply Awesome.

I have many, many ideas that I want to implement as Allwork’s time allows(and if I don’t go bankrupt, haha).

I’d like to express a big THANK YOU towards you and FMG for all of your efforts in bringing all of us some wonderful new units for our gaming enjoyment. Keep the faith and fight the good fight for all of us.

By the way, the next units to be painted are your FMG Italian Infantry. They’re almost done. I’ll let you know.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Some excellent works of art you have Paul!  Must look grand in a gaming session.

• Customizer

Why thank you, “V”. I appreciate that. But there are a lot of A&A painters(such as yourself) with “works of art” as you say. I haven’t been very active here on A&A.org for a while and noticed that there were some new “areas”. Always good to hear from you, “V”.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––I recently received several U.S. Marine Stuart light and Sherman medium tanks that Will has modified/detailed and Lucas painted/decalled. I think that they both did a Great Job! Until I can find some time to take some additional pics myself,….I’ll share some that Lucas took.
    ----Let’s start out with the USMC Stuarts. Notice the blackish-green camo stripes on the overall o.d. green:

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7774_zpsbe36443b.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here’s a close-up of the U.S. Marine ‘Flamethrower’ Sherman medium tanks.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7780_zps6ec0d355.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s another pic of the “Flamethrower” Shermans that Lucas took. This angle shows the 48-star flags on the rear decks used for national identity purposes well.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7775_zps6220c837.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are some pics of my F-4F Wildcats in three(3) different paint schemes:
    1.) U.S. Navy, early-war with red/white rudder stripes and red “dots” in the stars and white #s.
    2.) U.S. Navy, intermediate, with white #s.
    3.) U.S. Marine Corps, with black #s.
    ––The units themselves are from the A&A-Guadalcanal game and as although they are listed as “Hellcats”, I’m using them as “Wildcats” since they look much more like an F-4F than an F-6F. I will be buying my Hellcats from
    Field Marshal Games whenever they’re able to produce them. I remember seeing their excellent F-6F Hellcat sculpt a year or so ago.

––Lucas took these first pics as well as painting/decalling them. I think he did an Excellent Job! Enjoy.

“Tall Paul”

DSCF7629_zps4a74d70e.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are some pics and models that the “U.S. Navy-Early scheme” Wildcats were based on.

“Tall Paul”

407664F4F_3_1942.jpg

• '14 '13

Damn, all these pics are amazing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m