• id rather see a paratrooper than a truck.

• '14

U can make any infantry unit a paratrooper!  But you need a different unit to represent mobile or mechanized infantry!  If you paint your pieces just paint some similar to a paratroopers uniform, or paint the base to differentiate!  It’s really a no brainer!!

• i agree I use an infantry unit sitting on top of a control marker for paratroopers for everyone but the USA. I have the USA paratroopers HBG put out.

• '12

We know the paratroopers are coming!  It’s not a question of IF…it’s just WHEN.  God knows we’ve waited long enough to get what we have so a few months more for some paratroopers isn’t gonna kill me anyway.  I wouldn’t go through the effort of hand-painting differently if I were you (of course your choice but…), I’d just wait, use a token or something temporarily, and then eventually we’ll get them.  There’s just no way HBG can make everyone happy on all releases but I promise they’ll deliver eventually. :)

Thank GOD for HBG and FMG too.

• Customizer

@reloader-1:

I completely disagree with postponing the truck to add paratroopers. In the scale of A&A, airborne troops are rarely used, but a truck (motorized inf, move 2) unit is incredibly useful.

@Tigerman77:

U can make any infantry unit a paratrooper!  But you need a different unit to represent mobile or mechanized infantry!  If you paint your pieces just paint some similar to a paratroopers uniform, or paint the base to differentiate!  It’s really a no brainer!!

I TOTALLY agree! I will use the trucks much more, and sooner, than I will use the paratrooper. I’ve already got plans for trucks in my game. PLEASE don’t sub out the truck.

• I would jump up and down screaming for trucks if i thought it would help. I want trucks more than different tanks or planes. as far as i see it each new set is more trucks to buy

• HBG already has a lot of truck molds. Why not just do an Axis Minor, Russian, or neutral truck in Japanese colors? Then you have one more slot for paratroopers or some other Japanese specific unit.

• please no more trucks, thats the main reason i dont buy full sets from HBG. but as long as there isnt to many trucks im happy

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Dispatch:

HBG already has a lot of truck molds. Why not just do an Axis Minor, Russian, or neutral truck in Japanese colors? Then you have one more slot for paratroopers or some other Japanese specific unit.

I wish it worked that way but it doesn’t. Not quite. There is a “tree” of pieces, like when you buy a model airplane. Our tree holds, say 12 or 14 molds. The factory makes 2 trees, cuts out the pieces, and you get a bag of about 28 in 12 different kinds of things. For us to make one of the above sets in Japanese orange, we would have to make the whole set in Japanese orange.

• Axis minor set in Japanese burnt orange would be nice. Anyone else interested in this?

• I’ve been using paratroopers since Classic with the same piece the basic infantry with a control marker under it. Air Transports were the same with Bombers After Axis Minors, FMG’s Italy and the US set I have real pieces for Germany Italy and the US it hasn’t stopped me from using the old system for the other countries. Trucks were harder I had to wait till BotB just for a piece to use.

• I personally use the trucks for Mech infantry. I want them especially for Japan since the OOB is a German piece. I hope HBG does a mustard yellow color. Not a huge fan of the orange.

• but they usually have armored cars or an actual half track, for mechs

• Customizer

Hey guys, this is a little off-topic because it’s not really regarding Japanese gaming pieces. However, it does involve Japanese equipment. I just got back from a trip to Fredricksburg, TX to see the Admiral Nimitz Museum of the Pacific War. They have a lot of really cool stuff that was actually used in the Pacific War, Japanese, American, Australian, British and even a little Soviet equipment. They even have the Japanese Midget Sub that washed up on the beach in Pearl Harbor after the attack. Also they have one of the Fat Man atomic bombs on display. If the war had went on and more atom bombs were dropped, this one would have been used.

The pics I have here are of actual Japanese tanks. One of the Type 95 “Ha-Go” light tank and one of the Type 97 “Chi-Ha” medium tank. The Type 97 is a later war version with the longer barrelled 47mm gun.

I just thought this stuff was pretty cool and some of you guys might also enjoy them.

48 Type 95 Ha-Go Light Tank-sm.JPG
    50 Type 97 Chi-Ha Medium Tank-sm.JPG

• Very Cool Thanks for sharing

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

That’s an interesting way to decorate the back yard…  :-P

Kinda neat to see those. Thanks!

• I’d like to see a Type 92 armoured car

• Customizer

Remake the Ha-Go as A&A piece looks like a hybrid Type 97 and is way too gigantic as representative of the actual tank.

• Are you going to make Japanese units in more than one colour? I was wondering for Thai and Manchukuo.

• the website says it’s going to be done in 2 colors. Burnt orange and Golden orange

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m