• Greetings!

I took some time off from the A&A world to dabble in some my other game collections. Back then, AA50 was the newest great thing, so I was eager to try out the latest incarnation known as 1940 Global. Toward that end, I have recently acquired a set of 1940 Europe and Pacific, and I thought I would peruse the message boards to check for errata, amendments, suggestions and what not.

Seems the A&A fandom has been busy.    :-o

Without wading through approximately 2 million posts regarding the numerous permutations that have been suggested/adopted/flamed, is there ONE place that this poor soul can go and find any errata plus a reasonably functional and generally accepted version of the most current ruleset? (preferably in a pdf format)

Along this same line, are the Alpha 1,2, 3, 3+, etc variants that I’m seeing references to considered corrections/improvements to the original or are they simply alternate set-ups to add a little variety?

Thanks in advance,

Ogre

• Official Q&A

Start with the Pacific FAQ and Europe and Global Official Rules Clarifications.  From there, you can move on to the Alpha +3 rules, which are definitely improvements.

• Sponsor

@Krieghund:

Start with the Pacific FAQ and Europe and Global Official Rules Clarifications.  From there, you can move on to the Alpha +3 rules, which are definitely improvements.

Nice to hear a personal opinion from Krieghund, I too believe that they are “definite improvements”.

• Thanks for the quick replies.

Didn’t I also see something about a problem with certain components in the OOB set-up (not enough tac bombers, wrong battlestrip, etc.)? Were these corrected in latter shipments or are they still an issue?

Thanks again!

Ogre

• Official Q&A

The Pacific game shipped with the wrong battle strip and too few Japanese tactical bombers.  You can contact Wizards Customer Service, either at their website or the mailing address on the back of the Rulebook to get the replacement battle strip and missing pieces.

• You mean I can send them my address and they will send me more tactical bombers for free?

• @Zallomallo:

You mean I can send them my address and they will send me more tactical bombers for free?

Yes, they will send 6 additional japanese Tac bombers free of charge.  They may or may not require a receipt, but in general it’s been “no questions asked”.

• @kcdzim:

@Zallomallo:

You mean I can send them my address and they will send me more tactical bombers for free?

Yes, they will send 6 additional japanese Tac bombers free of charge.  They may or may not require a receipt, but in general it’s been “no questions asked”.

Well that’s fantastic, we don’t have to use chips anymore!

• WOW thats great I’ve been using Italian Tact.s  and the owner of the other global game has the same problem and I kept thinking why did they put so few when you need so many
          cool Tanks

To begin I would say is to try all 3 of the ALPHA  Global with the OBB set up, ALPHA+2 set up, and the ALPHA+3 set up that came out in early Sept. Try each one a few times and then you’ll be able to find the one ya’ll think is the best .
      I think the latest 3.5 will make Russia a little stronger
      My group knows +2 real well and our games average out about 50/50 axis win vs allied win unless some one is on a streak and they get one side or country time and time again and the streak goes past 5 - 10 games, but what comes around goes around and the tables turn
        Enjoy taking over the world

• Sponsor

@suprise:

WOW thats great I’ve been using Italian Tact.s  and the owner of the other global game has the same problem and I kept thinking why did they put so few when you need so many
          cool Tanks

To begin I would say is to try all 3 of the ALPHA  Global with the OBB set up, ALPHA+2 set up, and the ALPHA+3 set up that came out in early Sept. Try each one a few times and then you’ll be able to find the one ya’ll think is the best .
      I think the latest 3.5 will make Russia a little stronger
      My group knows +2 real well and our games average out about 50/50 axis win vs allied win unless some one is on a streak and they get one side or country time and time again and the streak goes past 5 - 10 games, but what comes around goes around and the tables turn
         Enjoy taking over the world

I say play the most up to date version possible, that way you have nothing to compare it with and save yourself the trouble of passing judgement or favorites.

• Customizer

@kcdzim:

When I first got Pacific 40, I didn’t even realize the game was short of Jap Tac Bombers.  I e-mailed them for a new battle strip and they sent it to me with an extra 6 Jap Tac Bombers.  At the time I thought it was just a little bonus, but I guess it was sort of an automatic thing they set up.  If someone asks for one thing, they get both automatically.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m