• I recently played a game using the Alpha 3 rules and in my opinion i thought it was favored to the axis powers. I got all of N. Africa with Italy, all of France with germany while keeping U.K. at bay and getting deep into russia. As Japan I took India, Australia, the DEI, and was ready to invade U.S. I also was preparing a late invasion of Britain but the game ended before I could.

Like to know what everyone else thinks.

• ii would consider someone else to play against. it seems like incredible luck or bad allies-play. there is absolute no way you could easily win on both theaters.

• Invade the USA? No way they are making too much money. Check your rules and the players you are going against that will make a huge difference.

• I have managed to cut the U.S. NO down to only 10 extra ipcs. I’ve just been pounding the U.K. with my airforce to keep them under, and have cut off the U.S. from going into the Med and Normandy with a bunch of German Subs. With Japan, once i took the DEI, I just built ships to help deter the U.S.

• How did you hold the DEI from the Indians and the Australians?

• When I attacked them i was also driving towards india and i kept the aussies focused on 2 loaded transports and a bb and carrier in the caroline islands

• hmmm, that’s not enough to threaten ANZAC, what were his early round purchases?  Did he have those 3 ftrs run off somewhere and never return to defend the captial?

• Anzac didn’t play good I’ll say that. They bought a battle ship A2 and moved that and the fighters  up to attack my fleet off the caroline islands. They lost those, leaving the path open to get astralia save a cruiser off the norther autralia cost. I landed there, then moved south.

• a BATTLESHIP?

Trust me, your opponents were playing badly, very badly. Invite someone here to play against you on an online competition and show him/her your Axis.

• The A +3 seems to make it easier for the Allies than the A +2
      Still more testing to be done. the Axis could use 24$  extra at the start to share or give to one and place the pieces before the purchase  or include with the purchase and put them out at deployment something an extra little kick or something
      I was hoping for a more balanced game  but that was just the 1st one
      More testing still to be done

• @Noll:

a BATTLESHIP?

Whats wrong with an ANZAC battleship? I’ve built one before, along with an AC as well and I’ve never had any problem. Of course, I left my little fleet off the north shore of Australia where 3 additional fighters could scramble to support them, but it worried the Japs and kept them out off Australia, what more can you ask for?

• Hey I’ll play against you as Allies.  You can test out your Axis strat against me.

• Sorry, My computer crashed and I just got it back. I’d love to play someone as the allies but 1. I don’t know all of the rules and how your supposed to do everything on forum playing 2. I have a big game scheduled on Thursday night so I don’t really have the time. I’ll post another update then afterwards to tell everyone how that went if y’all would like.

• @Clyde85:

@Noll:

a BATTLESHIP?

Whats wrong with an ANZAC battleship? I’ve built one before, along with an AC as well and I’ve never had any problem. Of course, I left my little fleet off the north shore of Australia where 3 additional fighters could scramble to support them, but it worried the Japs and kept them out off Australia, what more can you ask for?

The “wrong” is buying it at Anzac turn 2. I agree with Noll on that, BB is certainly not the best choose of pieces at Anzac 2. Later, yes, I often bought BB with Anzac, just not at turn #2.

• I like the new convoy rules. It brings the scheme in line with everything else by using the hit and miss of the dice. And since your more involved in the convoy procedure you are less likely to forget about it…… and yes,  balance is definately towards the Allies.

• I agree, new Convoy rules add more flavor… thing is, as tactical point of view, I would most likely do Convoy disruption if I have nothing else to do with my units. I mean these new rules add gambling to convoy, so lesser the option : reduce combat value to attack zone A to redirect units at convoy disruption at zone B.

• @suprise:

The A +3 seems to make it easier for the Allies than the A +2
      Still more testing to be done. the Axis could use 24$  extra at the start to share or give to one and place the pieces before the purchase  or include with the purchase and put them out at deployment something an extra little kick or something
      I was hoping for a more balanced game  but that was just the 1st one
      More testing still to be done

I don’t know about an extra 24 ipcs, im thinking maybe a bid for axis that starts at like 20-24 is best.

I might be able to play against your axis too otahere. if you don’t mind little long waits between some turns.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m