Discussion for new A&A40 rules thread

• Sponsor

As you may have noticed, there is a new sticky thread created by Krieghund for clarification of rules. I for one am very appreciative of the new Global rule question thread and would love to see an improvement from the previous FAQ thread. Here is my wish list:
    I hope it stays clean, I have already seen some irrelevant posts removed and that’s great.
    I hope everyone uses it instead of creating topics that ask 1 question.
    And finally, I hope Alfa+3 is released soon so the questions don’t begin on page 100.

I wish to thank Krieghund and A&A.org for making my life easier.

• Speaking of keeping it clean, I was wondering if it might be best to ask for someone official to confirm (or deny) answers from other people, and for the people asking to post that their question is answered, so that those posts can be removed. to keep the thread short, simple, and uncluttered.

• @Young:

I for one am very appreciative of the new Global rule question thread. Here is my wish list:
    I hope it stays clean, I have already seen some irrelevant posts removed and that’s great.
    I hope everyone uses it instead of creating topics that ask 1 question.
    And finally, I hope Alfa+3 is released soon so the questions don’t begin on page 100.

I wish to thank Krieghund and A&A.org for making my life easier.

I didn’t notice the thread until now. Thanks IL for pointing it out to me. I for one prefer threads that ask one question though. It’s easier to find the answer you seek, and is more to the point. That’s just me though. I’ll still use the new thread for questions.

• I advise to you to come on a site where there is a lot of information on a theme interesting you. Will not regret.

• Don’t get me wrong I see some good in it. But if there ends up being too many pages on one post, it’ll be just as hard to find the answer a few months down the line.

• Well, that’s what the FAQ thread basically was.  And it was 122 pages long, and a pain to search through.

• @Young:

@Ruanek:

Well, that’s what the FAQ thread basically was.  And it was 122 pages long, and a pain to search through.

Ya, but this thread promises to be cleaner with more relevant content, and I can find what I’m looking for fine through 100 pages on page one rather than 100 pages on page whatever.

What do you mean?

• @Young:

I mean that there are pages for topics and pages for posts, at least I always know that the topic is on page one.

On another note: I already see some posts that have become unnessasary and I think should be removed (#6,15,16).

I deleted 6 as Ruanek was correct in his statement and my “official” confirmation probably wasn’t necessary for that answer.

However, unless 15 (now 14) is removed, 16 (now 15) should remain because Ruanek’s response is wrong in the sense it states that the complete air movement must be declared in all instances.

While it’s good that we’re deleting irrelevant, redundant or wrong statements, I’m still not certain this thread will be easier to root through for a specific answer once it has gotten enough activity to get beyond 15 or so pages.  This isn’t a FAQ post.  It’s still a Q&A thread, and I don’t believe anyone will be making a table of contents on page 1 “so you know that the topic is on page one”?  But we’ll keep answering if you all keep asking.

• I was thinking of typing up an actual FAQ, but 90% or more of all rules questions can be answered by looking in the rulebook or in the Alpha + .2 additions, at least from what I’ve seen.  What does surprise me, though, is that there doesn’t seem to be a sticky with the Alpha + .2 setup.  If there is, it isn’t marked as such.

Speaking of my inaccurate post, most of it was still correct.:)

• @Ruanek:

I was thinking of typing up an actual FAQ, but 90% or more of all rules questions can be answered by looking in the rulebook or in the Alpha + .2 additions, at least from what I’ve seen.  What does surprise me, though, is that there doesn’t seem to be a sticky with the Alpha + .2 setup.  If there is, it isn’t marked as such.

Alpha +.2 and any changes made to it are sticked at Larry Harris Games, which is where the rule set is posted and where any changes are officially made.  It’s hard enough to track the changes of one posting, but two, on two separate sites (and one being official while A&A.org is a fan driven site) would be a recipe for confusion.

@Ruanek:

Yes, that’s why I only highlighted the part that wasn’t.  You could always edit your post to correct it - that’s usually what I do if I stated something false.  If you do, I can delete my correction and all will be well in the world.

• Official Q&A

@Ruanek:

I was thinking of typing up an actual FAQ, but 90% or more of all rules questions can be answered by looking in the rulebook or in the Alpha + .2 additions, at least from what I’ve seen.

And the other 10% can be found in the Official Rules Clarifications and Pacific FAQ.

@Ruanek:

What does surprise me, though, is that there doesn’t seem to be a sticky with the Alpha + .2 setup.  If there is, it isn’t marked as such.

It’s in the same sticky as the rules.

• @kcdzim:

@Ruanek:

I was thinking of typing up an actual FAQ, but 90% or more of all rules questions can be answered by looking in the rulebook or in the Alpha + .2 additions, at least from what I’ve seen.  What does surprise me, though, is that there doesn’t seem to be a sticky with the Alpha + .2 setup.  If there is, it isn’t marked as such.

Alpha +.2 and any changes made to it are sticked at Larry Harris Games, which is where the rule set is posted and where any changes are officially made.  It’s hard enough to track the changes of one posting, but two, on two separate sites (and one being official while A&A.org is a fan driven site) would be a recipe for confusion.

@Ruanek:

Yes, that’s why I only highlighted the part that wasn’t.  You could always edit your post to correct it - that’s usually what I do if I stated something false.  If you do, I can delete my correction and all will be well in the world.

Well, I think there should a least be a sticky here with a link to either the Larry Harris Games site or just directly to the Alpha + .2 setup.

And I did edit it.:)

@Krieghund:

@Ruanek:

I was thinking of typing up an actual FAQ, but 90% or more of all rules questions can be answered by looking in the rulebook or in the Alpha + .2 additions, at least from what I’ve seen.

And the other 10% can be found in the Official Rules Clarifications and Pacific FAQ.

@Ruanek:

What does surprise me, though, is that there doesn’t seem to be a sticky with the Alpha + .2 setup.  If there is, it isn’t marked as such.

It’s in the same sticky as the rules.

None of those are referenced in stickies in this forum (at least this AAG40 subforum, I didn’t check the Europe or Pacific subforums) unless I’m completely blind.

• Sorry, my bad.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m