• dang… any chance you might make other infantry for the minor in the distant future?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Lunarwolf:

dang… any chance you might make other infantry for the minor in the distant future?

2 not enough?

• 2 is great, but i rather have my minors represented with helmed infantry than field caps. and it seems like you made the Panzerfaust unit to be a special unit

@Lunarwolf:

2 is great, but i rather have my minors represented with helmed infantry than field caps. and it seems like you made the Panzerfaust unit to be a special unit

Please be aware of the thought process I go through in selecting these sculpts.
    I decided to give each minor two infantry pieces since FMG is doing two to three in each set.
    I also wanted mine different than his since I am supplementing his sets as well as making minor sets for the Axis that require infantry.
    The field cap with a rifle has not been made before as well as the infantry with a Pazerfaust.
    This gives the Axis minors two pieces for house rules, light and heavy or whatever, and German pieces 2 different pieces from OOB as well as FMG.
    I am trying not to duplicate pieces and give everyone the ability to have a wide range of playability.
    Thanks,
    Coach

• Customizer

Great choices coach.  Everyone has to remember that these pieces are not meant to be a full compliment army, but as add-ons to the current OOB and/or FMG pieces.  You use them to fill out the main part of your army and coach’s pieces will fill in special troops and minor countries, so they have to be smaller quantities.

• I think we’re overlooking a fighter unit for this set… is it too late to fit one in, coach?  It would be helpful for a wide range of scenerios if at least one air unit is represented, like Spanish Civil War, and IL mentioned it in the “True Neutrals” thread as important for this set as well.

If it isn’t too late, what would be a good choice for this one, guys?

• @DrLarsen:

I think we’re overlooking a fighter unit for this set… is it too late to fit one in, coach?  It would be helpful for a wide range of scenerios if at least one air unit is represented, like Spanish Civil War, and IL mentioned it in the “True Neutrals” thread as important for this set as well.

If it isn’t too late, what would be a good choice for this one, guys?

I did some quick checking and I can’t seem to find anything that makes more sense than an Me-109.  Not a terribly creative choice, but having one in all these axis minors/ pro-axis neutrals colors makes a lot of sense, as everyone seems to have used it that was more-or-less pro-German, from the Spanish Nationalists to the Bulgarians…  And it would be a sculpt you could reuse later…

• Yes, Me 109 is the best choice.

• Customizer

I know that some German fighters and Stukas were used in Spain during their civil war, but did any of the Axis Minor countries really have much of an air force?  I know the Finns had some – American built Brewster Buffalos believe it or not – but I don’t remember hearing much of a Bulgarian, Romanian or Hungarian air force.  I thought those countries mainly relied on German air support.

• The Finns also used Fokker DXXI’s, and the NEI forces also used Brewster Buffalos… which means that the Finns and the NEI forces were both using both Buffalos and DXXI’s for opposite sides in the war: boy they sure knew how to pick 'em, those Finns!

But anyway…

…so either the Buffalo or the Fokker DXXI could be made in the white version of the Dutch/Neutral set and serve for Finnland without it being in this set.  If you also run the neutrals set in yellow and green, (which would be cool, as the Dutch infantry used Romanian helmets, or rather the other way around) then you could use any of the Dutch aircraft or ships for Axis neutrals if a situation occurs where it makes sense…

Which makes me think, you should consider adding the Fokker G I to the Dutch/ Neutral set for a tac bomber

If you do those two things (1. add Romanian yellow & Bulgarian green to the Dutch/ Neutral color run & 2. add Tac Bomber to Dutch/ Neutral set) then the Axis minors have anything air or naval that they might need covered by either the Dutch or the German air/naval set, and the Axis minors set can safely stick with land units.  (This is, of course assuming that the Axis minors will never be able to afford something as expensive as a heavy bomber, battleship or aircraft carrier… but I’d say that’s a pretty solid assumption… :-D)

• Customizer

Hey coach, I was just looking at your list for the Axis Minors set and it says there will only be 2 Panzer IIIs per set.  About a week or so back, I could have sworn it said 4 Panzer IIIs.  I take it you decided to put in more of one of the other units?
    I was wondering, when you get these pieces going, will you be selling them individually as well as in sets?

@knp7765:

Hey coach, I was just looking at your list for the Axis Minors set and it says there will only be 2 Panzer IIIs per set.  About a week or so back, I could have sworn it said 4 Panzer IIIs.  I take it you decided to put in more of one of the other units?
    I was wondering, when you get these pieces going, will you be selling them individually as well as in sets?

I am playing with the numbers and sculpts right now.
    It is not always what I want in a mold but comes down to money. I will sell these as sets but will offer them for sale on individual pieces after a couple months. At least that is the plan. You might even see it in another set of German pieces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m