Alpha+1 game Pacific situation end of round six 12/20/10

• '10

@McLovin1985:

Ah, I was wondering what those blue things were on the map.

Those blue fleet markers are from the original Pacific game.

• My experience is that whenever you see massive naval ‘Mexican stand-offs’ on the board like that, one side or the other is being screwed pretty heavily buy it. Having that much hardware just sitting looking at each other is generally a serious waste of resources for someone.

My guess is that one side (can’t really tell which without knowing the full game situation that led up to this) is perfectly happy to stand off the other and perpetuate the stalemate but the other side is being pressed by their allies to DO SOMETHING! ;)

• '10

@Uncle_Joe:

My experience is that whenever you see massive naval ‘Mexican stand-offs’ on the board like that, one side or the other is being screwed pretty heavily buy it. Having that much hardware just sitting looking at each other is generally a serious waste of resources for someone.

My guess is that one side (can’t really tell which without knowing the full game situation that led up to this) is perfectly happy to stand off the other and perpetuate the stalemate but the other side is being pressed by their allies to DO SOMETHING! ;)

The something is the Japanese are preparing a strike against the Indian fleet in round #7. See the post listed under Europe currently on page two. Yes I know, why is it listed under Europe.

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

There is a large U.S. fleet in Hiwaii and another just starting on the west coast. The U.S. kept the Japanese navy within range of their homeland. The Japanese have destroyed a U.S. force in the Marianas but they keep coming. The U.S. has spent most of their income in the Pacific.

The U.S. and Japanese navies have destroyed each other. All that remains of the once proud IJP navy are a few fighters with no carriers to land on. The U.S. has the resources to replace their navy. The Japanese do not and are in deep trouble. The Pacific looks free of combatants now.    12/27/10

IMAG0010.JPG

• '10

After three sessions and seventeen rounds this game was called a draw. Japan was about to fall.

IMAG0008.JPG

• Was Moscow also about to fall?

• '10

@calvinhobbesliker:

Was Moscow also about to fall?

Yes only a matter of time till Moscow falls.

IMAG0011.JPG

• In the original picture, are you using a miscolored Japanese cruiser from Guadalcanal? It is in the SZ with all the CVs.

• '10

@munchie19:

In the original picture, are you using a miscolored Japanese cruiser from Guadalcanal? It is in the SZ with all the CVs.

It could be from that game but I do not know for sure because I am not that familiar the unit details in that game. Why do you say miscolored?

• In some Guadalcanal games, they switched the US and Japanese cruisers. Thus, we had an orange US cruiser and a Green Japanese cruiser

• '10

@calvinhobbesliker:

In some Guadalcanal games, they switched the US and Japanese cruisers. Thus, we had an orange US cruiser and a Green Japanese cruiser

Wow, I never even noticed that before. But I dont have any of the green Japanese cruisers. Very strange.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m