College Football is finally here.

• '10

Lookout, the Irish just thumped the Hurricanes. Its about time for the Badgers to expose TCU.

• '10

Whoa is me. The big 10 is 0 and 5 today.

Gentlemen that is how it is done. TCU 13 and 0. Rose Bowl champions. Now please tell me why they don’t deserve to be in an AQ conference!

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Gentlemen that is how it is done. TCU 13 and 0. Rose Bowl champions. Now please tell me why they don’t deserve to be in an AQ conference!

GG

TCU has proven they are a worthy team for the past five to eight years. Glad they will get some national press. The BCS wanted Wisconsin to win, the last thing the system wants is a ‘small money’ school go undefeated.

• @Guerrilla:

GG

Who said they don’t deserve to be in an AQ conference? Their move to the Big East is very good for them cause they are obviously legit. The point is that in the Big Ten they’d be facing a game like that every week and not just one at the end of the season with a month to prepare on a neutral field in perfect weather.

I think Wisconsin out thought themselves. Why the Badgers didn’t just grind the Frogs to a nub running up the gut baffles me. And the Badger clock mismanagement at the end of the first half prevented them from putting up seven. They went to the locker room with all their time outs but were rushing the FG team out. Total coaching fail.

And why did Clay spend all that time on the bench?

Plus IMO TCU got the benefit of a couple ticky-tac PI calls (one where the Badgers stopped them on third and long that ended up in a scoring drive.) But those are the bounces. TCU is a good team and earned their win but I didn’t see anything from them that makes them more deserving than Auburn or Oregon for a title shot.

@frimmel:

@Guerrilla:

GG

Who said they don’t deserve to be in an AQ conference? Their move to the Big East is very good for them cause they are obviously legit. The point is that in the Big Ten they’d be facing a game like that every week and not just one at the end of the season with a month to prepare on a neutral field in perfect weather.

I think Wisconsin out thought themselves. Why the Badgers didn’t just grind the Frogs to a nub running up the gut baffles me. And the Badger clock mismanagement at the end of the first half prevented them from putting up seven. They went to the locker room with all their time outs but were rushing the FG team out. Total coaching fail.

And why did Clay spend all that time on the bench?

Plus IMO TCU got the benefit of a couple ticky-tac PI calls (one where the Badgers stopped them on third and long that ended up in a scoring drive.) But those are the bounces. TCU is a good team and earned their win but I didn’t see anything from them that makes them more deserving than Auburn or Oregon for a title shot.

Fishmoto37 and Elwood Gee are the people I am talking to with that comment, but to address your points I do not think that deserve to take on someone like Oregon or Auburn, they lack the strength presented in those teams. I think TCU is good all around but they are not at 100% strength, they lack a line that can kill and rely on the strength of stopping big plays (linebackers, safeties, etc.)

The PI calls were still legitimate though, that particular call, regardless of the throw was still a shove to the ground when he could have moved farther and caught it. I agree though, if the badgers had not had those on them, it could have been a different game, perhaps a rout.

I was surprised to on the lack of running on the part of the badgers… also how long they held onto the ball compared to TCU (36:35 to 23:25) and yet they weren’t able to turn that time into a gluttony of points.

Yet, you are right, we do only deserve the Big East move, hopefully Patterson will get more strength for the line. Next year people will probably forget about TCU, even if we start at #2. Dalton, Carder, Kerley, Kirkpatrick, Johnson, and Young were essential to the reason we won and they will be replaced by guys that were horrible this season when they were let on the field.

GG

• TCU could not stop the power running game of the Badgers. Had they ran the ball for the two point attempt, they would have scored.

It wrong that a team will go undeated and have no chance for a national championship.

@ABWorsham:

TCU could not stop the power running game of the Badgers. Had they ran the ball for the two point attempt, they would have scored.

It wrong that a team will go undeated and have no chance for a national championship.

Perhaps they would have. I don’t know, it is determination that stopped that play our linebackers had it. Even if we had failed to stop that play, I believe we would have won in OT.

We were undefeated but so was Oregon and Auburn. They have amazing programs that are much better than TCU’s. We still have a long way to go so we in no way deserve a shot at a National Title. The only thing we proved was that the system is broken and some schools should not be dismissed because they aren’t “established” within the BCS system.

GG

• But TCU was not ‘dismissed’ were they? They got to play in the Rose Bowl. In the ‘old days’ before the BCS and even at the inception of the BCS, TCU would likely not have even gotten to play on New Year’s Day. They’d have been in the Champs Sports Bowl or something with just as little a chance to be voted number 1 in the AP (the ‘original’ mythical National Championship.)

The BCS has made Boise and TCU. But all I hear about is how it is giving them the shaft.

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

@frimmel:

@ABWorsham:

What do you think about the BCS mistake in the rankings between LSU and Boise State?

I suppose it depends on how much you like or dislike the BCS bowl structure. Boise keeps forgetting that the BCS has more or less ‘made’ them.

In ascending order of interest.

I think the only ‘lock’ this season is the Fiesta Bowl with Oklahoma over UConn. UConn’s only chance is how little a chance they have.

I don’t know that much about Stanford but VT got beat by an FCS team so that’s pretty likely to go Stanford’s way at the Orange Bowl.

I like Auburn in the BCSNCG over Oregon. Auburn has the whole deal although frankly given that I don’t like Oregon’s cheap tactic offense nor the pass that Cam “Show my Dad the money” Newton seems to have gotten and it is only more interesting than the previous two games because it is for The Crystal.

TCU is getting lots of love in the Rose Bowl it seems. TCU is a 2.5 point favorite. I’m not seeing it myself and have to go with Wisconsin. To borrow, “TCU hasn’t really been tested by a team that likes to punch folks in the mouth, and Wisconsin is about the mouth-punchingest team you’re gonna find.” TCU has the number one scoring defense but I’m not really seeing a lot of potent offenses on their schedule.

And of course the Sugar Bowl. Need I say I’m going with the Buckeyes?

Wisconsin vs. Stanford would be a good punch in the mouth matchup.

I was wrong when I made the comment that Wisconsin and Stanford would be a good matchup. The Big Ten was overrated from top to bottom. Stanford would crush any team in the Big Ten.

Frimmel, my words were perhaps a poor choice. The system worked, but I happen to hear the opposite, how the BCS is allowing too much hype for these teams who were just non-contestants. Perhaps what I am trying to say is that the Rose Bowl win shows that the expectations of people based upon rankings is flawed.

GG

• Wasn’t TCU the higher ranked team? Wasn’t TCU the favorite?  :?

Ohhh and way to go Buckeyes!  :mrgreen:

By “experts,” not by the majority of people. It might just be that I know many people that hate TCU as a school (It’s considered the “posh” school that all the rich oil kids go to if they didn’t go to Rice).

And yes! Good job Buckeyes, you proved me wrong I was convinced the Arkansas would pull it off.

GG

• Rich Rod finally got fired  :|

• '10

@spartan:

Rich Rod finally got fired  :|

Now is it going to be Jim Harbaugh?  He could bring back the good old days.

• @frimmel:

Wasn’t TCU the higher ranked team? Wasn’t TCU the favorite?   :?

Ohhh and way to go Buckeyes!  :mrgreen:

Good game between Buckeyes and Hogs. Good thing I didn’t put money on Arkansas. I fully believed they would be the winners over the Buckeyes.

• @Fishmoto37:

@spartan:

Rich Rod finally got fired  :|

Now is it going to be Jim Harbaugh?  He could bring back the good old days.

It appears to be extremely unlikely that Harbaugh will be going to TSUN according to remarks at the Rich Rod firing press conference.

Out of curiosity what is your opinion of Andrew Luck staying at Stanford? Who does that help in the draft?

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Out of curiosity what is your opinion of Andrew Luck staying at Stanford? Who does that help in the draft?

GG

No idea really. It likely most helps Ryan Mallet or maybe McElroy (Bama’s QB.) I don’t pay a lot of attention to draft status and so on beyond the use of it as a description of talent level. I don’t really follow the NFL. If there was some NFL team really high on Luck but also in need of a D-lineman or something it would help that player who might be chosen in place of Luck or one of the other QBs in the draft.

Personally I’m all in favor of QB’s not leaving early for the NFL. They really have the least to gain IMO from going early. They are least subject to getting a career ending injury and another year of the ‘book learning’ necessary to be a QB certainly won’t hurt their chances of going in an early round.

With the looming NFL lockout, I’d think that any college player uncertain of staying or going early might be wise to stay.

• @Guerrilla:

GG

I think it’s great and applaud anyone that sticks around to finish school.  All I hear is how stupid he is that he didn’t take the money, like he’s a business or something.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m