• 2007 AAR League

guys guys guys……

we all know the big 12 is the best league.  remember how every single top quarterback, all the top 8 were from the big 12?

who’s got more top teams than all the others?

bwah-ha-ha-ha  :evil:

• @balungaloaf:

guys guys guys……

we all know the big 12 is the best league.  remember how every single top quarterback, all the top 8 were from the big 12?

:roll:

Oklahoma.

While you have to applaud their consistency, I find it a bit annoying that their 2-5 BCS record and performacne in the championship games garners not nearly the scorn for the Big 12 as the back to back losses of Ohio State seems to for the Big 10.

• @balungaloaf:

guys guys guys……

Since when is Florida in the Big 12?  Among others…

• The stats might have changed some but all time wins against non-conference opponents is 1. SEC 2. ACC 3 Big 10.

The Big 10 would have a long way to go to be a junk conference. The Big East seem to have that distinction sewed up in spades.

I also do not base my statement on ESPN. It comes from 30+ years of watching SEC football. I put little stock in what ESPN says. They are usually wrong. Heck they can’t even get the conference standings correct. In the SEC barring ties the ONLY thing that counts is conference and division records. ESPN will consistently have this wrong based on the overall records. I mainly read the ESPN articles for their comedy factor, not their factual content. It isn’t just ESPN that is slack on journalism now. Have you picked up a newspaper lately frimmel? They are not all that impressive anymore.

As far as the Big 12. The Big 12 South is very close to getting its acts together. They have the offenses and have been raiding SEC defensive coordinators to beef up the other side of the ball. The Big 12 North still has a ways to go.

Just out of curiosity frimmel who is your favorite team or teams?

• I have to agree with you that the state of journalism in this country (everywhere?) is appalling.

My favorite team is Ohio State and whoever’s playing Notre Dame. I even manage to root for Meatchicken in their yearly tussle.

I don’t watch many pro games likely because the Ohio pro teams are awful and I just can’t get behind the Steelers.

• Well other than disagreeing about the SEC we seem to have a lot in common.

Ya know what sucks about a Michigan - Notre Dame game? One of them has to win.  :-D

I gave up on the Atalanta Falcons back in the '80s so I don’t really follow the pros much either. Although pro football doesn’t seem to be that big of a seller down here in the south anyway. Seems like every time they start up one of the new leagues somebody thinks a pro team would do well in Birmingham. They never do. Not that the alternate leagues have had much success anyway.

Ohhh and Ohio State. You do realize your boy Herbie allegedly played there. I say allegedly, because listening to him, you have to sometimes wonder if he has ever even played the game. But then again they need somebody to make Brent’s annoying self look good.

• I will say that the SEC has more NFL type players per team than any other conference.

• @ABWorsham:

I will say that the SEC has more NFL type players per team than any other conference.

Big Ten leads the SEC in first round draft picks. Slight edge to the SEC in the overall number 1 pick though.

This is a shorter term sampling with the SEC with the edge. It is so close as to force me to wonder if it is as much the SEC hype as it is ‘better players.’

I can’t seem to locate a total draft picks by conference all time.

Here is an interesting list but I think it is out of date.  :|

• Hey frimmel I am curious as to why you are opposed to the Conference Championship games.

• I’m hard pressed to put it into words. I think opposed isn’t the most precise word for it. I just don’t like them.

They seem as much geared to a need for instant gratification as opposed to seeking the best. They feel like when teachers allow extra work at end of term to make up for low test scores or other poor performance earlier on.

I think they diminish the regular season. They often create situations where one team has to beat another twice to be conference champion.

They feel more geared to society’s seeming fascination with seeing the mighty brought down than with the raising up of persistent excellence.

The conference championships and especially calls for a playoff seem to fall back on some sort of law of the jungle meme, you couldn’t beat me today so I’m the best! But that oppurtunity seems to be handed out on making an exception to that rule. “What do you mean my pleas for fairness are unfair to you? Who said life is fair?”

It comes across like extending the race one more mile because you didn’t like the winner.

Maybe it is that it can often seperate in my thinking ‘best’ and ‘champion.’

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m