Here’s my 38 point losing day. McFadden, Floyd, and Williams (who I wasn’t expecting a huge day, but was hoping) just bombed. Thomas was a good flex, nice points up. McFadden gets bye, so he’ll be healed, that is if I haven’t traded him by then. I am trying to get some juicy combos like Welker/Chris Johnson for Desean/McFadden.

GG

Screen shot 2011-10-25 at 5.41.56 PM.png

• I had Run DMC put up squat for me as well, but I also had Arian Foster he got me like 40, so it worked out.

In my 12 man league I lost again.  Matt Cassell put up nearly nothing, Lynch went down, and someone else I can’t remember.  I’m freaking 2-5 and about to unload my players to my buddy if I don’t win next week.  I just can’t believe the team I drafted did this…

Last week was some of the worst individual performances I have seen in my life. I picked up Witten, CJ, and Welker for McFadden and Desean Jackson, a great trade except the individual stats aren’t adding up. Hopefully I’ll have a rebound this week. The saddest part is that it was against a 10-0 team and I could have beaten the dude, seriously!

GG

Screen shot 2011-11-17 at 11.11.59 PM.png

• That’s a great trade, actually.

I’m in #1 place in my 8 man league but I will be losing this week, I’m sure.  Everyone that can play (omitting 4 players from a bye and 2 from disabled list) is in except for my backup QB, and Eric Decker and Santonio Holmes put up a measly 3 points together.  I couldn’t really pick up anyone of significance as I won by such a huge margin last week I was last in the waiver wire.  I’m playing a guy who had lost most of the early season so was able to pick up Michael Bush, Demarco Murray, and some other mid-late breakout players.  I’ll still be in first place no matter what, I just have to bounce back from it.  The good thing is my last 3 games are from subpar teams and everyone tied for second plays each other.  As long I don’t screw it up and get back injured players (DMC, Miles Austin) and don’t lose anyone, I’ll have a great team come playoff time.

My other 2 leagues are just kinda meh.  Won some, lost some, nothign really to be done.

Well, I made it to the playoffs, despite a loss last week, and a rather atrocious one… Just look at my bench (I’m the one on the left). Gah. Well, I face the guy again next week, and I’ll pick up Denver and a better Kicker. I also am picking up the other WR opposite Percy Harvin and Demaryus Thomas. Can’t decide which of those characters will be better, or better than any of my current bench. Should still pull a win out.

GG

Screen shot 2011-12-06 at 5.50.34 PM.png

• So how did you end up doing, GG?

In my Yahoo leagues I didn’t really go anywhere, even though I thought the smaller league was a fantastic lineup.  The larger one was just crazy all around.

In my espn league, I ended up squeaking by my brother for 1st seed.  The guy I beat in the last week dropped to seed 4 so I had to play him the following two weeks too.  My team was pretty stacked (even without Run DMC never coming back) because I had Arian Foster, Marshawn Lynch (who went off later in the season), Reggie Bush in his best year yet, and I picked up CJ Spiller when the Bills other RB went down.  The cool thing about Spiller was that ESPN listed him as a WR as well, so I could put in 4 RBs per game (2 RBs positions, 1 RB/WR position, and then Spiller as a WR) and it really helped my score.

So I won the first playoff matchup and then had a pretty good matchup in weeks 16 and 17 for the championship.  I sailed to a 35 point lead from week 16.  Then craziness happened.  I set my lineup around Friday because I knew New Years Eve was going to be busy (party, our first show, etc.).  I had an hour on Sunday to fix my lineup before the games started.  I found Arian Foster was sitting, Bush was out, my TE was out, and I had to swap a kicker that I just picked up.  I wasn’t sure what to do with receivers because I couldn’t check everything on my phone so put Mike Wallace and Miles Austin in. My opponent put in Matt Flynn inexplicably and picked up KC Def versus Denver.

He caught up to me and my team did nothing.  I had a lead of 193 to 192 when the second set of games was wrapping up, which would mean all his players were finished.  In the last minute of the games, KC got a garbage time interception off Tebow and the Ravens gave up about 30 yards to drop another point (without saying anything our commishioner added negative points to D/ST that give up too much yardage, in addition to points).  I was now trailing 194 to 192.  With only Miles Austin left to play against a weak Giants D, I figured I was good.

Nope, Austin caught 2 passes for exactly 20 yards (slightly better than Mike Wallace, which after the fact I would not have put in had I known about Big Ben’s condition, where they were playing, the weather, etc.), just enough to tie the game.

I won on the tie breaker…I beat the guy twice in the regular season.  Only thing left is to decide how money is split, which should have been done in the very beginning.  Oh well…$120 or $140 coming my way…

Crap, that’s too awesome! Well, at least getting the money.

In my ESPN league (the one that I started 0-3) I ended 6-8 and I got invited back next year. Basically, for being my first year, I did pretty good managing the waiver wire. I had CJ Spiller, and I know, that was amazing having him as both WR and RB. I used him as a WR and I had Turner and MJD. It was awesome!

In my Yahoo league, I had a 7-6 regular season and made it to the playoffs (7th seed out of 16 total players). First week I slaughtered the 2nd seed, and I wasn’t supposed to win. Needless to say, Wes Welker + Percy Harvin + Chris Johnson all ran wild that week. Great game, totally shocked the whole group. Next week, I had a bad matchup against Aaron Rodgers, Rob Gronwkoski and Julio Jones. In my flex, I should have started Donald Brown (that was the week he had the 80 yard touchdown), but that still wouldn’t have won me the game. So, that loss took me to a battle for third place. I’ll post the results below. It was laughably hilarious how bad he failed on Sunday night. And what made it even better Brandon Lafell was on his bench. Needless to say, the commish gave me high marks for pulling up as far as I did for a rookie fantasy player. I’m the stats on the right…

GG

Screen shot 2012-01-08 at 12.10.02 AM.png

• @Jermofoot:

I had Run DMC put up squat for me as well, but I also had Arian Foster he got me like 40, so it worked out.

In my 12 man league I lost again.  Matt Cassell put up nearly nothing, Lynch went down, and someone else I can’t remember.  I’m freaking 2-5 and about to unload my players to my buddy if I don’t win next week.  I just can’t believe the team I drafted did this…

I don’t play F.F but I live and breathe NFL football. Next season ask me about some players, Matt Cassell is at best an average qb. Put me on your general Staff.

• Fantasy football is played online.  A “league” is formed, usually having 10-12 teams (players).  There is a draft, where each team drafts players from the NFL to be on their team for each position.  In my league we must draft 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 2 wide recievers, 1 tight end, 1 kicker and 1 defense.  And 4 extra players for any position.  Some leagues differ, making you draft coaches or specific defensive positions.  During the NFL season, the players that you drafted get points earned or deducted depending on what they do in real life games.  They usually get points for yards and touchdowns.  Lose points for turnovers.  If your defense causes a turnover, then you get points for those as well.  The points that all of your team has earned are tallied up against whichever fantasy team you are playing that week, deciding a winner.  Hope that info helped!

• @Guerrilla:

Crap, that’s too awesome! Well, at least getting the money.

In my ESPN league (the one that I started 0-3) I ended 6-8 and I got invited back next year. Basically, for being my first year, I did pretty good managing the waiver wire. I had CJ Spiller, and I know, that was amazing having him as both WR and RB. I used him as a WR and I had Turner and MJD. It was awesome!

In my Yahoo league, I had a 7-6 regular season and made it to the playoffs (7th seed out of 16 total players). First week I slaughtered the 2nd seed, and I wasn’t supposed to win. Needless to say, Wes Welker + Percy Harvin + Chris Johnson all ran wild that week. Great game, totally shocked the whole group. Next week, I had a bad matchup against Aaron Rodgers, Rob Gronwkoski and Julio Jones. In my flex, I should have started Donald Brown (that was the week he had the 80 yard touchdown), but that still wouldn’t have won me the game. So, that loss took me to a battle for third place. I’ll post the results below. It was laughably hilarious how bad he failed on Sunday night. And what made it even better Brandon Lafell was on his bench. Needless to say, the commish gave me high marks for pulling up as far as I did for a rookie fantasy player. I’m the stats on the right…

GG

Well, I haven’t seen the money yet and the commissioner of the league “forgot” to give my brother his money while he was in town.  He’s probably just mad I beat him 3 weeks in a row…
    I apparently gave up on my other leagues too soon but it was beginning to be too much time investment.  I mean, I could set players fine, but I kept losing so many.  Oh well.

Just one year of playing gave me an immense amount of info I needed to know.  Of course, the rules changed the following year, and you need to know how your point scoring works before you start drafting, but I went from barely missing the playoffs to taking the entire league in 1 year.  The other leagues were just for fun.

Nice matchup, but sometimes a great team during the season peters out by playoffs because of people resting, injuries, etc.  A lot of it is luck in the end.

@ABWorsham:

@Jermofoot:

I had Run DMC put up squat for me as well, but I also had Arian Foster he got me like 40, so it worked out.

I don’t play F.F but I live and breathe NFL football. Next season ask me about some players, Matt Cassell is at best an average qb. Put me on your general Staff.

He was my second string quarterback, in because my starter was on a bye week or injured…can’t remember which.  There was literally no one available that could give me points and no one was trading.  I also figured between Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, and the running backs, he could get a couple of TDs and a couple hundred yards.  But I have no problems coming back here and posting what I’m thinking for a lineup. It’s good to know if anyone has an ear out because it’s not always displayed on the fantasy info.

Anyone interested in an A&A baseball league for fun?  Or maybe money…or something worthwhile.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m