New simplified tactical bomber rules.

• '10

Rules for tac. bombers and fighters that I intend to use with ILs 1939 map. Tac. bombers now cost 8 IPCs and hit on 4 defend at 1 with exceptions.Tac. bombers can never attack fighters but are good against all other units. Yes tacs. may defend against fighters with a die roll of 1. Hits by fighters can never be used against carriers, battleships, cruisers or destroyers. Stratigic bombers can only hit sea units on a roll of one. Attacking these four surface ships with stratigic bombers would only be done in very desperate situations. In situations where only fighters and tacs. are left on the battle board then battle ends. When only fighters and the four surface ships listed are left then the battle ends. Of course lone transports would automatically be destroyed by all three types of aircraft.

• You call them simplified?  :roll:

• That is very complicated. Like some of your ideas. stratigic bombers attack ships at 1. good. transports left alone automatically destroyed by aircraft, not good. your going with that destroyed with no die roll again. something not in the spirit of AA about that.

• Heavy bomber or strategic bombers shoudn’t have the ability to attack warships.
    Only dive bomber, torpedo bomber, fighter and light bomber.

• '10

@lnmajor:

That is very complicated. Like some of your ideas. stratigic bombers attack ships at 1. good. transports left alone automatically destroyed by aircraft, not good. your going with that destroyed with no die roll again. something not in the spirit of AA about that.

Transports automatically destroyed by air is OoB rule in latest A&A games. Saves die rolling time.

• '10

@Hobbes:

You call them simplified?  :roll:

More simplified than my first tac. rules. First posted on BGG 07/14/09 under anniversary edition.

• '10

@crusaderiv:

Heavy bomber or strategic bombers shoudn’t have the ability to attack warships.
    Only dive bomber, torpedo bomber, fighter and light bomber.

Stratigic bombers had very low chances of hitting moving vessels. Thought an attack roll of one would represent it well. My other thought was bombers not attacking sea units at all. Either one will work I guess.

• Strat bombers cant attack ships. I agree with that and have been playing it that way. fighters and dive bombers/torpedeo bombers(tac bombers) can.
    Just becouse there is an OOB rule doesnt make it a good rule. Thats why this thread “House Rules” has over 12,000 posts in it. This is the place to break OOB and put our heads together and come up with something better. Transports cant just be eliminated becouse a tac bomber or fighter shows up. What if someone had 10 transports alone and 1 fighter shows up. does it eliminate all the transports with no die roll? That rediculous.

• @lnmajor:

Strat bombers cant attack ships. I agree with that and have been playing it that way. fighters and dive bombers/torpedeo bombers(tac bombers) can.
    Just becouse there is an OOB rule doesnt make it a good rule. Thats why this thread “House Rules” has over 12,000 posts in it. This is the place to break OOB and put our heads together and come up with something better. Transports cant just be eliminated becouse a tac bomber or fighter shows up. What if someone had 10 transports alone and 1 fighter shows up. does it eliminate all the transports with no die roll? That rediculous.

Yes, it does. This is a consequence of transports having no defense. If they stayed at a defense of 1, people can just stack transports as defense. This rule forces you to protect transports, which is a good thing

• Fishmoto, how are you coming on your Med game?

• @Fishmoto37:

@Hobbes:

You call them simplified?  :roll:

More simplified than my first tac. rules.

Ah, I apologize then.

• '10

@calvinhobbesliker:

Fishmoto, how are you coming on your Med game?

The A&AG1940 game has really slowed me down on the Med. project as I am involved with an ongoing game that I had to leave setup on my game bench in my shop after six rounds. In order to work on the Med. game I have to leave it setup as well. My better half probably will not put up with me tying up the dining room table for a couple weeks. I have a prototype Med. map and have decided to use 12 sided dice so that I can have multiple classes of units such as heavy, medium, light tanks and pocket battleships, light carriers ect. ect. I have been collecting different units (like the TT units) with this project in mind. See photo of A&AG1940 game.

IMAG0023.JPG

• @Fishmoto37:

@calvinhobbesliker:

The A&AG1940 game has really slowed me down on the Med. project as I am involved with an ongoing game that I had to leave setup on my game bench in my shop after six rounds. In order to work on the Med. game I have to leave it setup as well. My better half probably will not put up with me tying up the dining room table for a couple weeks. I have a prototype Med. map and have decided to use 12 sided dice so that I can have multiple classes of units such as heavy, medium, light tanks and pocket battleships, light carriers ect. ect. I have been collecting different units (like the TT units) with this project in mind. See photo of A&AG1940 game.

Cool what do the other units represent.

• '10

@finnman:

@Fishmoto37:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Cool what do the other units represent.

Not sure if I understand your question. But besides the new TT units that I have I also have for the Germans- ME110s, FW190s, ME262s, Panzer4s, Tiger1s. For the U.S. I have P51s, F4Us, F4Fs, P47s, TBFs. Hurricanes for the U.K. I am using the 1984 A&A battleships for heavy cruisers and pocket battleships. The 1984 carriers for my light carriers. I just listed these from memory but probably have missed some. I really need those new FMG Italian units for my Med. game.

• What I ment was on the map you posted you had different colours of units. I was wondering they represented.

• '10

@finnman:

What I ment was on the map you posted you had different colours of units. I was wondering they represented.

AhHa, a miscommunication has occured. I posted that I have a prototype Mediterranean map or a practice map where I can try different territory sizes and values so that I dont have to mark up changes on my finished map. I did not really mention colors. Hope this clears up your question.

• '10

@finnman:

What I ment was on the map you posted you had different colours of units. I was wondering they represented.

OK, I think I just woke up. You must have been referring to my photo of the ongoing A&AG1940 game when you mentioned colors. If so I think that I had some white AA guns that have not been painted yet, some ICs that I painted in Italian and Russian colors, some light blue infantry for true neutrals, some green infantry for allied friendly neutrals, some blue TBFs for the U.S. tac bombers and one unpainted metal sturmovic for the Soviet tac bomber. I placed the neutral infantry in the original game setup so that if they were attacked it would save time placing units later. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• @Fishmoto37:

@finnman:

OK, I think I just woke up. You must have been referring to my photo of the ongoing A&AG1940 game when you mentioned colors. If so I think that I had some white AA guns that have not been painted yet, some ICs that I painted in Italian and Russian colors, some light blue infantry for true neutrals, some green infantry for allied friendly neutrals, some blue TBFs for the U.S. tac bombers and one unpainted metal sturmovic for the Soviet tac bomber. I placed the neutral infantry in the original game setup so that if they were attacked it would save time placing units later. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ah it’s ok I’m looking forward too the Mediterranean game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m