• It may be balanced, but I hate how the entire RN in the atlantic save the carrier(a total of 3 DD, 2 CC(plus 1 French), 2 BB, and 2 tr) can be killed on G1.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

It may be balanced, but I hate how the entire RN in the atlantic save the carrier(a total of 3 DD, 2 CC(plus 1 French), 2 BB, and 2 tr) can be killed on G1.

Yes but the point is the game works. Germany may be able to wipe out the British fleet but they have to take units away from other areas of the map to do so.

• I’m trying to get the game started up again but I’m not sure if we’re considering it a test or actually playing for real anymore, there’s just too many options for G1.

It seems the standard opening move of creaming the Royal Navy while its spread out G1 is still a winner.  Sealion looks like it will consume just about everything Germany has on the board to pull it off sucessfully, however.  It may just be best to build all inf for Russia G1 followed by tank and mech rushes with the loot from France.

We’re looking at 68 IPCs with the fall of France, so Germany does have some oomph to compete with the other Allies at first.

• I have posted a new R1. Lets play the game!

All that is needed to destroy the RN is the Luftwaffe for one turn when they do not have that much else to do. The Germans losses are limited to a few subs and a plane or two. It is a bit extreme but i understand why it might be needed for balance.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m