• Well Zhukov last time we played you bungled up the battleship outside hawaii and it ended up by stealing 1 hour of my life trying to explain statistics to a guy constatly saying I should study statistics. One game doesnt prove much, nor do I intend to show my best strat.
    The britt 2 factory strat isnt optimal but its jolly fun to play.

• '16 '15 '10

@wrath3:

Well Zhukov last time we played you bungled up the battleship outside hawaii and it ended up by stealing 1 hour of my life trying to explain statistics to a guy constatly saying I should study statistics. One game doesnt prove much, nor do I intend to show my best strat.
    The britt 2 factory strat isnt optimal but its jolly fun to play.

you may be confusing me with another zhukov.  I haven’t played a live game on TripleA for some time, though I do come on the lobby from time to time.  And arguing about statistics doesn’t sound like me.

Anyway, you have my challenge.  Unless you can demonstrate that it’s possible to defeat experts with no bid, then you have no basis to claim you have knowledge of tactics that would change the game balance.

The experts are the Top 5 players on the TripleA ladder–all honorable and creative strategists who give good games; as well as the Top 5 in the league standings in these forums.  Live games on the TripleA lobby are not useful statistically compared to ladder or league games, because people are more likely to fight hard and use optimal strats to win the league and ladder games.

• Where is the postings for the leaderboards on tripple a?

• Ive never heard of bids til recently. I can see both sides as it relates to classic 2nd ed. The game was more challenging for the axis and therefore i always played the axis cuz nobody wanted to. A bid system would have changed the human line up but it would have also biased the game. As it was…i got to be a strong axis player due to experimenting with different stratagies, deciding when to pull back, when to feint, and especially in the opening turns to push my numerical superiority to gain ipc and close the income gap before the allies could get mobilized. I cant speak to the other varients because i have limited play time in them, but i would imagine this to hold true. Im not knocking the bids but from my experience with classic, I see it as a custom rule that could be taken or left, but not necessary if you put in the time to play learn and stratagize.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m