• If the color doesn’t fit then you must flush it.

Oh, now, I wouldn’t go that far… speaking as someone who has eagerly collected every color variation I’ve been able to get, on the theory that I might have a use for each of them, as special units, etc…

But as a vender, it is key to get the color ACAP (As close as possible)

When are the new Russian pieces going to be available at Fairplay Games?

Exactly what I was wondering…

• My only complaint from what I’ve seen of the new TT stuff is more towards Fairplay; how much do these pieces weigh?  30 pieces somehow comes to 9.50 for S/H from a warehouse via the post office?! or $20 via UPS or whatnot?!  It’s like paying twice for one set (doesn’t get that much better for buying a bunch either, unless I get $125 worth, which would be great, but dang…)  I may actually drive up to Flint to get these and save the shipping… or better yet, Jack, are you in Michigan?  Can I get some straight from you and give you the whole cut of money?

• @LuckyDay:

My only complaint from what I’ve seen of the new TT stuff is more towards Fairplay; how much do these pieces weigh?  30 pieces somehow comes to 9.50 for S/H from a warehouse via the post office?! or $20 via UPS or whatnot?!  It’s like paying twice for one set (doesn’t get that much better for buying a bunch either, unless I get $125 worth, which would be great, but dang…)  I may actually drive up to Flint to get these and save the shipping… or better yet, Jack, are you in Michigan?  Can I get some straight from you and give you the whole cut of money?

haha, you think that’s bad?  I was hoping to order some of the other sets (with helicopters/jets) but I have to re-think it.  $29.50 for shipping to Canada on a $12 order.  :(

• dang, you win, but that’s not a good thing to win at…

• @knp7765:

When are the new Russian pieces going to be available at Fairplay Games?

The folks at FairPlayGames are letting me down.  I delivered the Russian’s to them 2 weeks ago and they have not put them up for sale.  :|

• @Rorschach:

@LuckyDay:

My only complaint from what I’ve seen of the new TT stuff is more towards Fairplay; how much do these pieces weigh?  30 pieces somehow comes to 9.50 for S/H from a warehouse via the post office?! or $20 via UPS or whatnot?!  It’s like paying twice for one set (doesn’t get that much better for buying a bunch either, unless I get $125 worth, which would be great, but dang…)  I may actually drive up to Flint to get these and save the shipping… or better yet, Jack, are you in Michigan?  Can I get some straight from you and give you the whole cut of money?

haha, you think that’s bad?  I was hoping to order some of the other sets (with helicopters/jets) but I have to re-think it.  $29.50 for shipping to Canada on a $12 order.  :(

Email Tracy & Tiffany at fairplaygames and ask them if they can give you a better deal on the shipping.  I know that the calculator for European orders is messed up.  It may be the same problem for Canada.

• @LuckyDay:

I am in Michigan.  Where do you hail from?

• Sorry for not getting back here more often.  I have been working on a new game design that I hope will provide a market for the new “to big stuff”.  Then I could see about fixing my size problem.  :-D

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Okay Jack, you’ve got my attention. So let me be the first to ask… Hints? Details to share?

• @Table:

I’m from Bay City, but live right now just outside Youngstown OH, so I’m back up fairly regularly.

• The folks at FairPlayGames are letting me down.  I delivered the Russian’s to them 2 weeks ago and they have not put them up for sale.

All the more reason to create your own retail outlet for your stuff!

• @Variable:

Okay Jack, you’ve got my attention. So let me be the first to ask… Hints? Details to share?

The game will allocate each player so much to buy units.  You decide what to buy.
    The game will have no dice rolling or cards that determine the winner.  This will be determined by your fire power, armor class and secret bid.  This will put the outcome in the players hands not in random chance.

I know you guys like dice but sometimes putting the outcome of the battle in your own hands would be a nice change.  Also were trying to make the game around a 2 hour play time.

I figure it would work like this: Saturday play a game then take out the trash.  Play a game then cut the grass.  Play a game then take the wife out to dinner.  Play a game and then play with the wife.

• @LuckyDay:

@Table:

I’m from Bay City, but live right now just outside Youngstown OH, so I’m back up fairly regularly.

You almost pass right by my place on your way to Bay City.  I’m sure we can work something out.  :-D

• @DrLarsen:

The folks at FairPlayGames are letting me down.  I delivered the Russian’s to them 2 weeks ago and they have not put them up for sale.

All the more reason to create your own retail outlet for your stuff!

That is in the plan but right now we have a couple people in the family who are in really bad shape.  Plus we are unloading the farm.  All of this will be over by the end of the year.  Then will have cash flow and time for our own projects.

• I figure it would work like this: Saturday play a game then take out the trash.  Play a game then cut the grass.  Play a game then take the wife out to dinner.  Play a game and then play with the wife.

I guess playing a game WITH the wife is out of the question?  :-D

@DrLarsen:

I figure it would work like this: Saturday play a game then take out the trash.  Play a game then cut the grass.  Play a game then take the wife out to dinner.  Play a game and then play with the wife.

Not at my house! A&A, Battle Cry, Agricola… She’s down for it all. Don’t be TOO jealous guys…

• @Variable:

@DrLarsen:

Not at my house! A&A, Battle Cry, Agricola… She’s down for it all. Don’t be TOO jealous guys…

You are saying you have found the perfect women?

• No, because I have the perfect woman!

Your idea about buying armies using a points system reminds me a bit of the old Citadel game “Space Marine”. Basically, each unit had a card that was worth X points. Each side would spend the points allowed by the scenario and then battle it out. It could work for WW2 as long as you’re not trying to refight historical battles. It would end up being something similar to A&A GC where the premise is historical but the order of battle is completely fictional. I like it as it would allow us to be a “battlefield commander” without having to rehash battles that have already been fought.

• @Variable:

Your idea about buying armies using a points system reminds me a bit of the old Citadel game “Space Marine”. Basically, each unit had a card that was worth X points. Each side would spend the points allowed by the scenario and then battle it out. It could work for WW2 as long as you’re not trying to refight historical battles. It would end up being something similar to A&A GC where the premise is historical but the order of battle is completely fictional. I like it as it would allow us to be a “battlefield commander” without having to rehash battles that have already been fought.

Very good.  The game is a fictional mission.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m